live fire

/ live fire
Narrow band radio frequencies? Seems it is a national thing, driven by Hurricane Andrew, Katrina, 9/11 ect. Apparently there is a push to standardize frequencies and groups, so you can go on a call anywhere; so my radio interfaces on the same general frequencies as yours, or an agency in New York, or Florida.

It also gives more available channels.

We have had crews go all over the western states, and a group from our dept was in NY in the aftermath of 9/11. Crews from here in N. Calif are frequently in S. Calif for wild fires.

Or dispatch, command, and TAC channels all switched. Some of our pagers are not capable; we have them on order. Really hit us hard on handheld radios; most of ours were not capable. Everything is backordered, because a lot of agencies are making that change.

Not to go off topic or anything :D

Uh, what???

:confused:

/ live fire #27  
Oh, OK...Thought you were talking about something about the chief in the pic...

Anyway, not completely sure about the band...I think we are on a 800mhz trunked system...Hey, I just barely know how to change the channel on the portables...:laughing:

I do like our CAD system. Pretty cool.

dps: WebCAD Active Incidents

Narrow band radio frequencies? Seems it is a national thing, driven by Hurricane Andrew, Katrina, 9/11 ect. Apparently there is a push to standardize frequencies and groups, so you can go on a call anywhere; so my radio interfaces on the same general frequencies as yours, or an agency in New York, or Florida.

It also gives more available channels.

We have had crews go all over the western states, and a group from our dept was in NY in the aftermath of 9/11. Crews from here in N. Calif are frequently in S. Calif for wild fires.

Or dispatch, command, and TAC channels all switched. Some of our pagers are not capable; we have them on order. Really hit us hard on handheld radios; most of ours were not capable. Everything is backordered, because a lot of agencies are making that change.

Not to go off topic or anything :D

/ live fire
We're not on the trunked system. The greater Sacramento area is(just west of me). We're on the Amador/El Dorado CalFire dispatch.

That CAD is cool. Can it txt your cell phone?

Oh, OK...Thought you were talking about something about the chief in the pic...

Anyway, not completely sure about the band...I think we are on a 800mhz trunked system...Hey, I just barely know how to change the channel on the portables...:laughing:

I do like our CAD system. Pretty cool.

dps: WebCAD Active Incidents