live fire

/ live fire #1  

RobertN

Tractor
New Holland TC40D
Went to fire station for training, got live fire.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110804_203539.png
    ForumRunner_20110804_203539.png
    485.4 KB · Views: 341
   / live fire
I posted from my phone...

I had went to the station to review some training I was working on. While there, three fires started in the neighboring town. We went out on the second alarm, for structure protection, then got bumped to the main fire. The picture was taken as we returned to our engine.

It's definitely wildland season!

/ live fire #3  
If I had to wear all that gear in this heat, I'd just Die!! Now if you get a call that requires shorts and a T shirt I'm there:laughing:

Nice truck too. Now you guy's got to go clean it....YEAH!!

/ live fire
Oh yeah, all that gear gets real warm. I had a t-shirt on... Under all that gear :D

That is a Cal Fire engine in the picture. The three of us from our engine had just come off the hill. The operator for our engine had just run to a hydrant for more water. Our wildland engine is almost identical to the one in the picture.

/ live fire #5  
At least it's Wildland gear and not Bunker Gear. Thats good for about a 30 Degree difference and 20 pounds lighter.

/ live fire
Ya, people are always amazed at how heavy our bunker gear is. Even our structure helmets...

At least it's Wildland gear and not Bunker Gear. Thats good for about a 30 Degree difference and 20 pounds lighter.

/ live fire #7  
When I was in LE, I always wore my level111 vest, I didn't care how hot it was. Some of the older guy's would skip it, in the heat. Like your gear, it is a PITA, but cheap insurance., and I believe in insurance brother!!

/ live fire #8  
Went to fire station for training, got live fire.

I posted from my phone...

I had went to the station to review some training I was working on. While there, three fires started in the neighboring town. We went out on the second alarm, for structure protection, then got bumped to the main fire. The picture was taken as we returned to our engine.

It's definitely wildland season!

Wow Robert...The biggest fire since I joined in May has been a trash can...

We have plenty of AFA's go around though...:mad:

Keep up the good work...:thumbsup:

/ live fire #9  
If I had to wear all that gear in this heat, I'd just Die!! Now if you get a call that requires shorts and a T shirt I'm there:laughing:

Nice truck too. Now you guy's got to go clean it....YEAH!!

Ya, people are always amazed at how heavy our bunker gear is. Even our structure helmets...

Don't I know it...Nothing like standing around in bunker gear in 100+ degree heat...