Best Safety Glasses

/ Best Safety Glasses #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
What is the best pair of safety glasses for the money???

For it being recommended that you wear safety glasses when you do almost anything today, all the pairs I have tried leave much to be desired...

/ Best Safety Glasses #2  
Some thoughts:

1. Any is better than none.

2. A comfortable one you can wear and forget about is better than a better one sitting on a shelf because it is uncomfortable.

3. Buy from a safety supply business, not some $1 glasses from a China discount store.

Bruce

/ Best Safety Glasses
Some thoughts:

1. Any is better than none.

2. A comfortable one you can wear and forget about is better than a better one sitting on a shelf because it is uncomfortable.

3. Buy from a safety supply business, not some $1 glasses from a China discount store.

Bruce

Thanks Bruce...

1. Sure

2. Yep, that was one of my complaints along with lenses that get so scratched and fogged you can't see out of them...

3. I've been looking at safety stores, but there are so many choices...:confused2:

/ Best Safety Glasses #4  
Check Grainger.com search for protective eye wear or goggles. Our work buys from them. Glasses are safety approved. They have many styles to choose from.

/ Best Safety Glasses #5  
I like these:
Amazon.com: Milwaukee 49-17-2400 MK2400 Safety Glasses Clear Hard Coat: Home Improvement

This price is better than I remember paying, I think I paid closer to $15. What I really like is the metal frames can be modified to fit your head and nose so they will stay on when looking down, at odd angles etc. I find myself wearing these all day because I forget they're on (I don't wear eye glasses normally). They will scratch about as easily as regular ones, but the fit certainly makes them my go to pair, and I'm disappointed if I have to grab another pair because I can't find them.

/ Best Safety Glasses #6  
I found that you really need them to be touching the tops of your cheek to be effective. If anything can get up to your eye from under the lense, it's just like not wearing them at all. Protection must be total.

I learned this by cutting a piece of lumber with my saw and actually saw a piece of wood, just a small chip, come flying up under my saftey glasses, and into my eye!!!!!

I went to Home Depot and tried on all the saftey glasses that they had there and only found one pair that fit in such a way as to create a block of anything coming into my eye from under the lense.

In my case, it's always something small, light and fast that gets me. I've had all sorts of stuff taken out of my eyes, and it scares the heck out of me that one of these days I'm going to blind myself. I have three pairs of saftey glasses on my dashboard. I have twice as many on my workbench. I always wear them, and I still have accidents, but haven't in over two years when I went to the type that touches my face at the top of my cheek.

Eddie

/ Best Safety Glasses #7  
We buy Hilti at work. They hold up well and don't seem to fog to quickly. I think they are about $14.00 per pair

/ Best Safety Glasses #8  
I think it depends on what you plan to be doing. I like goggles for some tasks and a face shield for others. The last pair of real safety glasses came from my eye doc and they had these shields that attached to each side that I kept misplacing. And they were heavy so they didn't get used much. Cheap goggles get scratched up and then get replaced so it's no big deal. But if it's something to keep on your face all the time, then safety glasses are probably the ticket.

A friend of mine was cutting straps off a carton at work, and the strap flew up and cut his eye. The doc couldn't think of any way to fix it except to wait to see if it would heal. It healed in a few anxious months. So there's something to be said for keeping safety glasses on all the time for when you're not expecting trouble.

/ Best Safety Glasses #9  
Its one of those things where i have different pairs for different things.
1. tinted for outdoors,
2. clear for nights and in the barn
3. full face shield if using something big and fast.

The best ones are ones you will wear, I have also found that if they do not fit right, gaps and spaces that its like not wearing them. I did lasik 2 years ago, and the first thing I did was go out and buy a bunch of different glasses.

/ Best Safety Glasses
Thanks for the replies/input everyone. :thumbsup: