Have you ever stepped on a rake?

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #1  

chad22

Veteran Member
Tractor
Sears Garden Tractor
I was wondering. How many of you has ever stepped on a rake and got smacked in the head?

I have about 200 times. And I still forget to put the rake away or at least turn it around so I don't get hit with it.

So have you ever gotten hit in the head with a rake?

Speaking of rakes. When I was 5 my older brother and I were helping my uncle clean out our Grandmas chicken coop. I was in the way and my brother had turned around and was gonna throw some hay over the fence and he got me right on forehead.

I was bleeding and just walked away like nothing had happened. 16 years later our uncle came down to visit and he asked me if I remembered my brother smacking me with the rake?

I told him. Yeah I sure do. I look back now and laugh. We still have that rake too.

Chad

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #2  
Had a shovel "reach up and bite me" one time!! Now I only approach garden tools from the "safe" end:D

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #3  
The best was when i was about 22 i was helping my dad outside and left a metal tong rake pointy side up. He said "you better flip that rake over so you dont get hurt". To which i responded, "whatever old timer, im not a clutz". It wasnt 30 seconds later i stepped on it and whacked the funnybone on my elbow so hard I was rolling on the ground in tears. He thought it was pretty amusing :laughing:

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #4  
I was taught to approach rakes as if they were copperheads. Sometimes I forget, though not very often.

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #5  
Oh yes, I love it. Something about that thud noise and stars that really turn the I saw red moment!

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #6  
Only ONCE!

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #7  
Yep, and it hurt! :laughing:

Shovel got me, too. :confused2:

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #8  
If you step on the shovel tip just right and then realize in a flash that the handle is coming your way, you can grab it and make yourself look like that was what you planned all along.:cool2:

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #9  
I had a cultivator tine go in the back of my leg...OUCH!!!

/ Have you ever stepped on a rake? #10  
If you step on the shovel tip just right and then realize in a flash that the handle is coming your way, you can grab it and make yourself look like that was what you planned all along.:cool2:

That's actually a good way to pick up a shovel without bending over. :laughing::laughing::laughing: