Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400 4wd w/LA 703 FEL

Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

Quote Originally Posted by om21braz View Post
    I'll have to settle for a stint with a Honda CBR954RR as my performance fix.
    Picture?
    George
    South Carolina

The size of government is inversely proprotional to the degree of freedom it affords.

"What is truth?" Pontius Pilate

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

I found that when riding any of the sportbikes on a daily basis, I got used to the speed to where it didn't impress me as much, didn't put that big grin on my face all the time. It wasn't until I started driving my car or truck everyday & only rode the bike once a month or so that I started getting that shocking "HOLY CRAP THIS THING IS FAST!!!" thrill again. It is really amazing how much acceleration they can get out of a daily driver capable internal combustion engine.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by N80 View Post
    Picture?
    Sorry, none handy. The typical 954RR red/black paint scheme with a full Akrapovic exhaust (sweet sound), power commander, Scotts steering dampener and riding on Michelin Pilots. Not as sharp looking as the 06-07 1000rr though - that bike in black/black or charcoal/black/red really stands out.
    "Look at Him at Gethsemane, sweating as it were great drops of blood; look at Him on the cross, crucified between two thieves; hear that piercing cry, "Father, Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." And as you look into that face, as you look into those wounds on His feet or His hands, will you say He has not the power to save you? Will you say He has not the power so redeem you?" D.L. Moody

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Here

Quote Originally Posted by om21braz View Post
    Sorry, none handy. The typical 954RR red/black paint scheme with a full Akrapovic exhaust (sweet sound), power commander, Scotts steering dampener and riding on Michelin Pilots. Not as sharp looking as the 06-07 1000rr though - that bike in black/black or charcoal/black/red really stands out.
    This?

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by beppington View Post
    This?
    That's it except for the big factory can and ugly license plate bracket LOL. !
    "Look at Him at Gethsemane, sweating as it were great drops of blood; look at Him on the cross, crucified between two thieves; hear that piercing cry, "Father, Father, forgive them, they know not what they do." And as you look into that face, as you look into those wounds on His feet or His hands, will you say He has not the power to save you? Will you say He has not the power so redeem you?" D.L. Moody

Tractor
    '07 John Deere 3320

I'm only 33, don't know if I'll be able to tell when my MLC happens. Had a mustang a few years back, now I'm trying to kill two birds with one stone. 2003 Dodge 2500, 5.9 cummins bigger Turbo and a chip and the obnoxious straight pipe. I can leave black marks wile Towing a 33' fifth wheel camper. Don't corner too bad with the heavy springs either. It'll go or tow! !!!!

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota Grand L-4610HSTC

My last sports car was a 1966 Sunbeam Tiger with all the dealer installed factory vended and authorized performance options.

For those unfamiliar with the Tiger (and somehow missed the TV series "Get Smart" where the hero drove one in the opening shot starting the show each episode) it looks a bit like an MG-B but instead of the 4 cyl 1725 cc engine used in the Sunbeam Alpine, which shared the same body, it had a hypo Ford Mustang V-8 engine and Ford HEH box for the tranny.

It was originally designed by one of Carol Shelby's guys (Yes, that Shelby of Cobra fame.) who shoehorned the Ford V-8 into the little English 2 seater. The 289 (some went out to 302) version was a panic to drive. The first models used 260 V-8 which with the custom Vic Edelbrock intake manifold and Holly competition 4 bbl carb and solid lifters, Hypo Ford racing cam, tuned equal length headers with dumps, electronic magneto etc... would top out at 165MPH. That was for a car considered stock as it was all factory provided stuff.

Not intended for drag racing, it would only turn 108 MPH in 13 flat with 4.56 diff and Willys J series posilock anti slip and cheater slicks. I ran 2.88:1 rear end and it was a fast cruiser, you betcha but a bit of a dog off the line untill you got a couple K revs than brace your neck! Conservative shift points (6000 RPM out of available 7500) were approximately 60, 90, and 120 MPH. Well set up Tigers ate Vettes on a road course or slalom.

Sorry no pix. Car predated digital era. Somewhere I have some Super 8 MM clips.

Sunbeam Tiger - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Pat
    Never wrestle with a pig (however titled) as you just get dirty and the pig has all the fun.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830, Ford Golden Jubilee, 1939 Sears Economy, Polaris Ranger 400, Honda Foreman 450 ES, 2004 Dodge Diesel 3500

Sports cars are impractical so I don't own one. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll buy a Ferrari!

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Yeah, it's a diesel too.....

HS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?-img_5166-jpg  

Tractor
    John Deere 4520 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV, Z920A Zero Turn Mower and assorted implements

After a Viet Nam cruise, I bought my first sport car, an E-Type Jaguar coupe. Those E-Types were definitely a beautiful car. During a tour of duty in Italy (Jag was stored while I was away), I had a couple Alfa Romeros and a Fiat Dino (big (for Italy) coupe with the Ferrari Dino V6).
    Sold the Jag a few years after my return from Italy and bought a Volvo 242GT. Although Volvos have never been known as sports cars or coupes, the 242GT was quite a bit quicker then BMW's 320 series sports coupes of that era (late 1970's, early '80's).
    When to Porsches after that....first a 1982 944, then a '77 911S.
    Of all of them, the 911S was the best sports car (as compared to a GT car). Built a hot engine (dual triple downdraft Webers and a sport (i.e.racing) exhaust). Really a sweet machine!
    Finally, after 15 years, I sold the Porsche...got my first tractor a year or so later.
    So, I went from a 140 MPH sports car to an 11 MPH tractor. Of course, with the 4400 Deere I own now, I'm all the way up to 15.6 MPH!!

I doubt I ever buy another sports car...although I do still look at Porsches and if I ever won a lottery, I'd have another one.

Since I'm reminiscing....when I was in Italy, I looked into buying a sports machne to bring back to the States after my tour was done. There were two I was pretty serious about: Maserati Mistral coupe (very solid and well built machine, but the Lucas fuel injection scared me off) and a Dino Ferrari 246GT (one of the sexiest cars ever built!!!). Didn't buy either...sometimes I kick my ***** over that...
    Last edited by RoyJackson; 08-11-2011 at 06:16 PM.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino

Page 2 of 49 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast