Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #261  
Is that a real Bug Eye Sprite or a fibreglass kit car?

That is a fibreglass body which weighs about the same as a pair of muddy boots:)
Sutol; that poroject counts. Put a nice suspension under it, a good tube frame and a 383 under the hood and have fun.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It has a TVR Tiamar chassis and running gear under it, I have a 3.5 litre Buick V8 with a five speed manual box and Jaguar rear differential ready to go in the chassis:D
P31000172_small.jpg

P31000202_small.jpg

The motor is a V8 with big valve heads and a sport cam, also has a 4 barrel downdraught carb on it now. Took it from my old land rover and it has 170bhp which will be plenty in the car as it will weigh about 500 kilos which is the same as my sons Lotus Elise sport 160.
DSC00403.jpg

Sutol:

The only problem with your project is it's "BRITISH". Get a nice Italian car and have some real fun!

Italian cars get too rusty when they are in our damp climate but they doo look and sound good.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #262  
It's only 4x4's for me. I haven't had a can in the last 40 years. I can't stand even driving a rental car.

Hummer.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #263  
Sutol: That will be a fun drive when all is done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The purist will call it a true "Sports Car".:D

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #264  
Sutol: That will be a fun drive when all is done. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The purist will call it a true "Sports Car".:D

If I ever get it finished:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This one was lots of fun, it was my late sons and I got to fix it and wash it and occaisionaly drive it on track:D

Caterhamweb.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #265  
If I ever get it finished:rolleyes::rolleyes:

This one was lots of fun, it was my late sons and I got to fix it and wash it and occaisionaly drive it on track:D

Caterhamweb.jpg

Ahhhhhh, Lotus Seven (or is it a Caterham?)...probably the closest thing one will find to a "true" sports car!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #266  
Ahhhhhh, Lotus Seven (or is it a Caterham?)...probably the closest thing one will find to a "true" sports car!

Caterham 1600 'K' series engine only 135bhp but would outrun anything as it stuck like glue to the track.

This is a similar car owned by a friend, he fluffed the start of a race but see how he caught up, propper driver not like the drivers that 'daddy' bought a car for who have all the gear and no idea :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEy9QEyIAqk]Mike Solan races a fast Caterham at Spa from the back - YouTube[/ame]

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #267  
Caterham 1600 'K' series engine only 135bhp but would outrun anything as it stuck like glue to the track.

This is a similar car owned by a friend, he fluffed the start of a race but see how he caught up, propper driver not like the drivers that 'daddy' bought a car for who have all the gear and no idea :D

Mike Solan races a fast Caterham at Spa from the back - YouTube

That was pretty impressive!!
135 HP in a car that weighs about 1200 lbs...that's a really good power to weight ratio. His gearing was well matched to that track too, although I'd wager he'd have liked a 5th gear on the straights.

I drove two Lotus cars back in the 1980's. One was a Europa (what a PITA to get in and out of!!), the other an Elan 2+2 I was considering buying. The Elan was pretty quick, but I decided I wasn't enough of a mechanic to keep a Lotus running. If you recall, Diana Rigg drove an Elan (not a 2+2) in "The Avengers" TV series.

Last edited:
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #268  
Holy crap... he passed everyone in 2 1/2 laps? Awesome driver too :thumbsup:

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #269  
My uncle raced SCCA with his lotus super 7... he then got into cobras, lolas and GT40s.

There is a screen shot of him at Laguna Seca when Disney was shooting the Love Bug and all the racers had to slow down to let Herbie pass.

He said over Christmas Dinner out of all the cars... the Lotus 7 was his hands down all out favorite.

He tried an Internet search to see if by chance he could find it...

No luck on the the Lotus... he did see find some of the other cars he raced...

A low buck way to get into racing was with a Lotus Cortina... it was a small British ford that had enhancements by Lotus.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #270  
We like lotus too:)

This is my other sons Elise sport 160 which we get to play with on the track now and then.

The grumpy one driving is me:)

Attachments

• 600.jpg
    600.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 96
  • 580.jpg
    580.jpg
    871.2 KB · Views: 141
  • 261.jpg
    261.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 87
  • 287.jpg