Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 483
  1. #281
    Platinum Member Sutol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    636
    Location
    Cheshire England UK
    Tractor
    Ford 1200 / Super Dexta x 2

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Same technique for the Federal 111s. No turbo. I have not reprogrammed mine, so it only does it a tiny bit; mostly noticeable only at night. A couple of guys have reprogrammed and get a more glorious result.

    I love my car, but I would trade it for a first generation Exige in a heartbeat.

    I'm not entirely sure, but wouldn't a turbo tend to reduce it due to having the unit in the exhaust?
    Some turbo ECUs overfuel a little on shutting off, this spins the turbo up when it ignites and helps stop turbo lag when you put your foot down again.

    I think the S1 Elise is far prettier than the Exige but then we've had two of them so I'm a little in love with them

    Aint she pretty
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sdc11453-jpg  
    .
    .
    .Pete

    .
    .

  2. #282
    Elite Member dfkrug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,519
    Location
    NorCal
    Tractor
    05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    I never drove an Elise or Exige, but they have the same chassis as
    the Tesla Roadster. I had a few hours in one of these and the accelleration
    was excellent, tho it clearly weighed much more than the Lotuses (Loti?).

    The problem with driving the Tesla is that if you drive hard for several
    laps around the track, then the battery and motor will get too hot, so
    power gets reduced. Oh, yeah, $150K out the door, too.

    I drove the metallic green one...that BRG Lotus above is a nicer green, IMO.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -tesla_hq-jpg  
    See my TBN projects at:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/resyfcgt/

  3. #283
    Platinum Member Sutol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    636
    Location
    Cheshire England UK
    Tractor
    Ford 1200 / Super Dexta x 2

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by dfkrug View Post
    I never drove an Elise or Exige, but they have the same chassis as
    the Tesla Roadster. I had a few hours in one of these and the accelleration
    was excellent, tho it clearly weighed much more than the Lotuses (Loti?).

    The problem with driving the Tesla is that if you drive hard for several
    laps around the track, then the battery and motor will get too hot, so
    power gets reduced. Oh, yeah, $150K out the door, too.

    I drove the metallic green one...that BRG Lotus above is a nicer green, IMO.
    I'm impressed with the Tesla but without the ear shattering roar on acceleration and the flaming crackles on over run I'm afraid there wouldn't be much fun for me in driving one.
    It's only .9 of a second slower to sixty than the Ariel Atom and that thing is amazing to blast up to speed on the track.
    I would imagine the Tesla is much the same and I asume it would have a radio as well, our Elise has a radio but you can only hear it when parked with the motor off

    I could never afford either car and am fortunate to have a petrol head son who lets me use his Elise and also his Renault Clio 182 cup which is brilliant on track.
    Roll on the next track day
    .
    .
    .Pete

    .
    .

  4. #284
    Elite Member dfkrug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    4,519
    Location
    NorCal
    Tractor
    05 Kioti CK30HST w/ Prairie Dog backhoe

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutol View Post
    I'm impressed with the Tesla but without the ear shattering roar on acceleration and the flaming crackles on over run I'm afraid there wouldn't be much fun for me in driving one.
    It's only .9 of a second slower to sixty than the Ariel Atom and that thing is amazing to blast up to speed on the track.
    I guarantee you that you would also love the Tesla. It sounds like a
    jet turbine with a sound suppressor. The response to the right-foot is
    Immediate. I DO think the sound of a V8 Ferrari at 7500RPM is better.

    To be able to register an Ariel Atom for the street here in CA, you have
    to buy it sans engine, and install your own (Honda or GM). This would
    be my toy of choice if I bought another performance car.
    See my TBN projects at:
    http://mysite.verizon.net/resyfcgt/

  5. #285
    Platinum Member bucktaker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    807
    Location
    Sw Ohio
    Tractor
    Kubota L5740

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    does American Muscle count as a "sports car"?

    My 1968 Camaro has resided here since I built the place was brought up to the garage by tractor and chain. I started it but couldnt drive it because the brakes were dry. A brake job grew into a resto.... Trying to make it a nice driver/cruiser with attitude..still inprogress
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -1-23-06-001-1-a   -1-23-06-001-4-a   -picture-055-jpg   -copy-picture-008-jpg  
    Kubota L5740 La854
    MF 35 Deluxe gas wloader...For sale

  6. #286
    Platinum Member Sutol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    636
    Location
    Cheshire England UK
    Tractor
    Ford 1200 / Super Dexta x 2

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucktaker View Post
    does American Muscle count as a "sports car"?

    My 1968 Camaro has resided here since I built the place was brought up to the garage by tractor and chain. I started it but couldnt drive it because the brakes were dry. A brake job grew into a resto.... Trying to make it a nice driver/cruiser with attitude..still inprogress

    I want one
    .
    .
    .Pete

    .
    .

  7. #287
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,447
    Location
    SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucktaker View Post
    does American Muscle count as a "sports car"?

    My 1968 Camaro has resided here since I built the place was brought up to the garage by tractor and chain. I started it but couldnt drive it because the brakes were dry. A brake job grew into a resto.... Trying to make it a nice driver/cruiser with attitude..still inprogress
    I loved my 68 Z-28... wish I could have found a way to hold on to it...

    Thirty years ago I sold it for $6500... which was a lot of money for a 12 year old Chevrolet when I was trying to figure out a way to pay for school...

    Often wonder where it ended up...

  8. #288
    Platinum Member Ridgewalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    898
    Location
    St. Francois Mountains of Missouri
    Tractor
    NH TC29

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by bucktaker View Post
    does American Muscle count as a "sports car"?

    My 1968 Camaro has resided here since I built the place was brought up to the garage by tractor and chain. I started it but couldnt drive it because the brakes were dry. A brake job grew into a resto.... Trying to make it a nice driver/cruiser with attitude..still inprogress
    Sounds like you have a bad case of "while-your-at-its". Nice looking car, the bowtie crowd will be all over that one if word gets out.

    Is it that a real Z?
    Last edited by Ridgewalker; 01-08-2012 at 10:29 AM.
    "Ride due west of the sunset, turn left at the rocky mountains."

  9. #289
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    6,447
    Location
    SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
    Tractor
    Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ridgewalker View Post
    Sounds like you have a bad case of "while-your-at-its". Nice looking car, the bowtie crowd will be all over that one if word gets out.

    Is it that a real Z?
    I can't tell for sure... doesn't look like it has the Z 302 engine or 68 stock Z hood.

  10. #290
    R.I.P.
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    5,883
    Location
    North Carolina
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2200

    Default Re: Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sutol View Post
    Some turbo ECUs overfuel a little on shutting off, this spins the turbo up when it ignites and helps stop turbo lag when you put your foot down again.

    I think the S1 Elise is far prettier than the Exige but then we've had two of them so I'm a little in love with them

    Aint she pretty
    That is a great looking car (to my tastes.)

Page 29 of 49 FirstFirst ... 192627282930313239 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Moving dead cars
    By RichNJKubota in forum Build-It Yourself
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-21-2003, 10:26 AM
  2. Backhoes climbing railroad cars
    By MLB in forum Photos
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-20-2002, 03:24 PM
  3. Dream Cars II
    By jtn in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-17-2002, 06:40 AM
  4. Dream Cars
    By Frank_Mulligan in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 77
    Last Post: 07-10-2002, 02:50 PM
  5. If they only built cars this way :-]
    By PBMAX in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-18-2000, 01:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.