• DSC_0553 (3).JPG
    DSC_0553 (3).JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 125
  • DSC_0619 (2).jpg
    DSC_0619 (2).jpg
    161.1 KB · Views: 128
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #292  
My sports car :)

Before I had a truck I used to use my 72 Dodge Challenger to tow my two horse trailer around...

Plenty of power but I could sure feel it if the horse got jumpy...

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?
I think I said at the beginning of this thread (I'm the OP) that I had no plans to get obssessed about cars. I was wrong. The red G35 coupe was burning oil so I got rid of it and purchased an untampered with 350z with 55k miles on it. I've had it on the track 6 times in the last year and I just love running the car on the track. I still haven't done anything to modify the car other than a set of lightweight Enkei wheels that I run primarily on the track. Of course I'm using track pads on the brakes and use high temp brake fluid. Other than that it is stock. Here is a picture:

546012_110419745776440_905371265_n.jpg

Here is a beauty shot:

576969_110419882443093_35529375_n.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #295  
I think I said at the beginning of this thread (I'm the OP) that I had no plans to get obssessed about cars. I was wrong. The red G35 coupe was burning oil so I got rid of it and purchased an untampered with 350z with 55k miles on it. I've had it on the track 6 times in the last year and I just love running the car on the track. I still haven't done anything to modify the car other than a set of lightweight Enkei wheels that I run primarily on the track. Of course I'm using track pads on the brakes and use high temp brake fluid. Other than that it is stock. Here is a picture:

View attachment 288926

Here is a beauty shot:

View attachment 288927

Puttin' a number on it and wearing helmets doesn't make a luxury sedan into a sports car! Sports cars have side curtains not rollup windows. ;) ;) I Haven't had a real sports car since my last Bugeye Sprites. I do have a street legal beach/dune buggy with F/G body, soft top, removable Dutch doors, full roll cage for occupants and air cooled VW engine that I'd run you for pinks if I get to choose the course. ;) ;)

OK...

//BS MODE=OFF//

Nice fun lookin' ride. How many G will she pull before sliding out? I had a family sedan/convertible that was kinda fun for my wife when it was her daily commuter. You old enough to remember the Sunbeam Tiger? With factory supplied dealer installed options it would do 165 mph. Four banger version was called the Alpine and had 1725 cc mill and looked good but wouldn't give you whiplash shifting into 4th at 120mph.

Enjoy,

Pat

Man I can't believe you guys are hatin' on my vinyl retro track numbers.....and Herby the Love Bug is exactly the look I'm going for by the way....

But seriously, it understeers going in and oversteers on exit....on street tires. It is a pig at 3300 pounds. But it has 310 hp and is still fun and fast enough.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #298  
I built a factory five racing replica of a Shelby Cobra. V8 power, lightweight chassis, big tires. Lots of fun. Of course it doesn't get driven much since I live in Seattle and don't have a top or side curtains. I look forward to track days this summer.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #299  
Here is a couple of photos of my little sports car sitting the back yard. 2006 Corvette C6 Coupe LS2 6 speed manual.

IMG_1187.jpg

IMG_1188.jpg

The Factory 5 cars are very popular where I run. There is a separate racing class for them with NASA. I have often thought about getting one.

Bob, the vettes are super popular at the track, for HPDE, time trials and racing. Great track car.