Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #361  
Very cool! Don't we wish we still had those old rides still!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #362  
By sports cars, we mean car-guy cars. So muscle cars, old pickups, new cars, old cars are very much of interest. And some of us have made our wishes come true by going out and snagging some of these old cars.

Below is our 1962 Lotus 23B. I tried to plow a field near Sonoma, California, with it, but found it was only somewhat effective.

23b.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #364  
Those CRX si's were a scary fast production car, it would nearly tear the steering wheel out of your hands while power shifting it...I loved those when I worked for Honda....Very difficult to insure at the time, for obvious reasons.:thumbsup:
Ok. Your kidding right?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #367  
I drove a 2005 Ford GT at Ford's Proving Grounds back in fall 2004. Fantastic car! I envy you!

Yes, these cars are driven regularly on the race track and i highly recommend this activity.

1956 Lotus Eleven climbing the hill at Laguna Seca toward the Corkscrew, next to an incredibly valuable Porsche RS60 that I could not for the life of me get past.

Eleven-and-RS60.jpg

1962 Lotus 23B at Sonoma (before it was repainted in period paint scheme):

23B-Sonoma.jpg

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #368  
:eek:Wow!:eek: Ever get those to the track?

Have had the GT on the track several times. Just love it. A couple of us have rented out a small track near Beloit, IL for an afternoon, Blackhawck Farms Raceway. It's a thrill. Have also had that one on Miller Sports Park in Salt Lake area, and Las Vegas Motor Speedway while attending FordGTFourm Rally's.

Haven't put the Aston on the track.

Ine the old days, high school era, I was into the Chevelle SS. Had a 67 and 70. Took all my Dairy Queen pay to keep 'em running!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #369  
Wish I'd had a Chevelle SS in high school. Always liked them. I had a '58 Beetle, not exactly a babe magnet.

I've never been to Blackhawk Farms, but like old backwater circuits like that. Miller Motorsports Park has so many corners that look alike, it's hard to learn. I drove some Porsches there and liked it but didn't love it. I rode around Las Vegas in a Ferrari F355 with F1 driver Michele Alboreto, who drove much faster than I ever could, the car squirming around on the tires in the turns at 145 mph. Almost as scary as when I go too deep with the backhoe!

The Ford GT surprised me. It was more confidence-inspiring than I'd imagined and it was much more refined than I'd expected. Great car! You need to get yourself up to Road America near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, sometime, though with the long straightaways your car would be scary fast there. Be careful!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #370  
The Ford GT surprised me. It was more confidence-inspiring than I'd imagined and it was much more refined than I'd expected. Great car! You need to get yourself up to Road America near Elkhart Lake, Wisconsin, sometime, though with the long straightaways your car would be scary fast there. Be careful!

My Uncle owns both... an original GT40 and the new Ford GT.

Hands down there is no comparison... he loves driving the new GT... even has A/C