Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #421  
Buick Regal GN. 12 second 1/4 mile with a few bolt ons.296,000 miles on the odometer.

I like buicks to and I have one waiting for me when I get older from my gran pappy. I probably make it go into the 12's with some naz gas and trimmed cams. My uncle Freddy owns a machine shop and he said he could trim the cams and intake valves and probably squeeze out another 100 ponies. Here it is.

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #422  
You gotta be kiddin' me! An Aston MArtin? AND a new Jag? What business you in??

Gotta admit, though, I'm really droolin' over that P-51. Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, glad you took it up! I spent about 2-1/2 hrs driving a T-6 a few years ago, but nothing compared to that Merlin V-12.

OTOH, my current sports thing is my "vintage" 1956 Tri-Pacer. 0-60 somewhere around 30 seconds, I think.... but I still miss our family's old '52 XK-120.:)

DSC04416.JPG

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #423  
I found picture of my truck on my computer. It is a 1989 ford with a Bib Block 300 I-6. It has a split manifold, straight pipes, race cam, and a ported head. I estimate it to be 400-425HP. It has a 5 speed trans and a 4.10 rear with a limited slip.

Attachments

• 014-3.jpg
    014-3.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 103
   / Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #424  
Looks fast.....

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #426  
Sure is. I don't know if you noticed but it used to have a 8' bed and I put a 6' bed on it to lighten it up.

you ought to line that up with louie noodles buick once you both get them running

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #427  
I found picture of my truck on my computer. It is a 1989 ford with a Bib Block 300 I-6. It has a split manifold, straight pipes, race cam, and a ported head. I estimate it to be 400-425HP. It has a 5 speed trans and a 4.10 rear with a limited slip.

Seems to be quite a gap between cab and box, curious why?

Never mind, just read a little further ... Duh!

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #429  
You gotta be kiddin' me! An Aston MArtin? AND a new Jag? What business you in??

Gotta admit, though, I'm really droolin' over that P-51. Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, glad you took it up! I spent about 2-1/2 hrs driving a T-6 a few years ago, but nothing compared to that Merlin V-12.

OTOH, my current sports thing is my "vintage" 1956 Tri-Pacer. 0-60 somewhere around 30 seconds, I think.... but I still miss our family's old '52 XK-120.:)

View attachment 319536

Did a lot of stuff over the years from foundry to John Deere factory as welder, assembly, hobs, and cylinder liner gang before going back and getting comp sci degree. Joined small software startup and bought it out a few years later when it was running into trouble. Was able to go from 30 employees to 156 and get some pretty good certificates which helped build us up in the avionics software business. Sold in '08 and have been doing real estate investment and development since. For some reason the good Lord has has opened doors for me .. I keep trying to remember that and give credit where it's due.

Cars are fun for me, but the recent purchase of a 1026R is what I'm having a ball with! Pretty small outfit compared to most have here but loads of fun. Am getting deck, blower, FEL, tiller, and looking at a cab, estate rake, MCS, and a backhoe! Wife wanted a garden, tiller justified, have a lawn, deck justified, do my dad's house during the winter, blower justified, cold at that time of the year, cab justified, friend wants bank cut down, backhoe justified. Now if I could just get my wife to agree with my justifications ... figured I'd do the ask forgiveness thing instead of the permission thing. Sounds good to me ... right now ... we'll see how it works out though! ;-)

Tri-Pacer looks pretty short and stubby, is it a touchy one in the air?

/ Any Tractor Guys Into Sports Cars Too? #430  
It really depends on where you are. The SF Bay Area is "generally" much more restrictive than
other parts of the state, although there are pockets of restrive area's elsewhere. Even in the larger Bay Area, that can
vary wildly.

Yeah, that's true when it comes to land use. I live in a rural part of the most populous county in the Bay Area (just under
2 million people). I am in the unincorporated part of the County, and building restrictions are intense, but still less
than those in one of our cites/towns.

For auto emissions, it is a state thing, tho some counties have lower emission testing requirements than others. I
used to evade some of the smog test requirements with my heavily modifiied cars, but that got old. I have spent some
time with the BAR (state Bureau of Automotive Repair) referee before. I don't recommend it.

As mentioned, cars of 1975 vintage and older do not have to be tested at all here in CA, for the most part. Unless you
run afoul of some police officer who detects an obviously modified old car that does not have the original engine. It
happened to a guy I know.