Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tractor
    2008 Kioti DK 45 sc

Default Re: Good Neighbours and Deeds

Western...

Understood and didn't take offence... just wanted to clarify. We(I) have a running joke with my american friends(and my relatives) that sometimes - south of the 49th - some people think we live in igloos and everyone is a fisherman up here. It's like we joke about Newfoundland like you guys probably joke about Maine - BUT - you couldn't possible meet more gracious, humble, responsible, friendly and down-right good people outside of Maine, New England, Newfoundland or the Maritimes of Canada.

In fact we have new summer neighbours that call Virginia home(he and his wife are retired from the american forces and have lived all over the globe) and we have visited them in the past - last year - and found our travels from here to Virginia to be very hospitable. In fact he and I have had great discussions about our historical connections... Privateers, 1812, American Revolution etc. One of our biggest chuckles was how the British at the time banned trade to the newly formed states and how our little province traded as if the British didn't exist! At the time we probably had more ties with New England than the British wanted to acknowledge - and we still do today.

Cheers.

Lloyd

PS: incredibly impressive to have a border between two major countries unarmed. The greater world could learn a thing or two!
    Work hard to get it down - play like tomorrow may end!

Small Horse Farm: 12.5 acres: 2008 Kioti Dk 45SC with Cab, FEL, BH, 6' snow blower, 7' back blade, 7' box blade, 6' bush hog, 9"& 14" auger, 8' chain harrow, 4" chipper, sand spreader, 7' landscape rake, 3pt quick attach & coffee holder.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Lloyd, good deal, it was really a funny movie

"PS: incredibly impressive to have a border between two major countries unarmed. The greater world could learn a thing or two!"

Problem with that is most countries have dishonest, or not so welcome neighbors with the same agenda. Canada has been right beside the USA in conflict since almost the beginning.

YOU MEAN ALL OF Y'all DON'T FISH!!!
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    2008 Kioti DK 45 sc

YOU MEAN ALL OF Y'all DON'T FISH!!![/QUOTE]

No! In fact I have been promising to take my 6 year son fishing and he reminded me his rod was broken yet his sister caught a few last year. Little did he know there was no bait on his hook. I let him practice for a season! For the last two years I have bought a licence to fish and have not put a hook in then water... too busy or perhaps not focused.

On another note I hope you are surviving the hot weather down your way. One of my joys is to watch the weather out of Boston in the early AM to see what may be coming our way. Right now I thank you - we are finally getting some decent weather!

Regards...

Lloyd

Small Horse Farm: 12.5 acres: 2008 Kioti Dk 45SC with Cab, FEL, BH, 6' snow blower, 7' back blade, 7' box blade, 6' bush hog, 9"& 14" auger, 8' chain harrow, 4" chipper, sand spreader, 7' landscape rake, 3pt quick attach & coffee holder.

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

Lloyd,
    I don't know if you read my "Texas Heat" thread in the Rural forum, but we're burning up down here, literally. On the news today, Texas agriculture alone has lost up wards of 4 billion $$, may not sound like much compared to our national debt, but they said Texas is one of the the largest grain/produce produce supplier in the US, so that will effect everyone at some point.
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

Great neighbors, Lloyd-- but they probably feel the same about you!

Spent about 2 weeks in NB a couple years ago; NS is now on the list!! Loved it up there. Perhaps you could tell me about sport fishing in NS??
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Tractor
    2008 Kioti DK 45 sc

Western...

Mother nature creates havoc on supply and demand of natural products. And you re right if will show up in the next 4-6 months probably or sooner and create issues for everyone - consumer to farm store and dealers. Will check out your thread.

irving... here's a site I go to often;
    Nova Scotia Fishing

We have lake/brook trout, speckle, rainbow and brown. Salmon, shad and sea bass frequent our rivers from the ocean. Offshore we have everything from mackerel to mako sharks. NB is probably best known for its salmon fishing(and I may be corrected by others) NS does have a sport but it is limited. If you can get deep into untravelled areas, our rivers and lakes have been known to offer 12" to 16" trout. The river my cabin is by offers up to 52lb(record) sea bass. There are some charter boats for deep sea fishing and a few guides that will take you inland. You will need an out of province license. You can stop at any local brook, river of lake to fish... some have seasonal restrictions. See this site for details: Nova Scotia Fisheries and Aquaculture - Sportfishing: Home Page

cheers all

Tractor
    kubota L3000dt, ford 8n1952

Quote Originally Posted by 300UGUY View Post
    You Canadians are nice guys. I help out my neighbor's the best I can. But I'll never get any presents from them, most seem to be broke!!! (
    Me too, But that is why they needed help...I suppose they watch my place while i am away?
    Okay, Legal disclaimer: Old but not senile, definitely do not have the answer to everything!

Tractor
    Kioti DK35, Ford 8N, Oliver Cletrac

I had one like that god rest his soul. I rebuilt the top end on is Massey 85, had several burned valves and a few broken valve springs.

A few years later he decided to give up farming and when I needed his tractor to haul mine out of a mud hole he told me to keep it. He said if he ever needed it for anything he's know where to find it.
    I can't control my day but I can control my attitude.

Tractor
    2005 MF GC2310 TLB

Thanks for the sites- got 'em bookmarked!
    '07 GC2310 TLB, 2360 snowblower, 2325 MMM, Bro-Tek thumb, Woods GTC40-2 tiller, Woods RB-60 back blade, KK TYR-60 landscape rake, DR 60" Power Grader
    '05 VW Jetta Wgn TDI
    Numerous antique Japanese motorcycles

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12