Kobalt Tool Set

/ Kobalt Tool Set #1  

Gale Hawkins

Super Star Member
Tractor
1948 Allis Chambers Model B 1976 265 MF / 1983 JD 310B Backhoe / 1966 Ford 3000 Diesel / 1980 3600 Diesel
http://www.lowes.com/pd_325928-1124...937087_?Ns=p_product_prd_lis_ord_nbr|0||p_pro

I having purchased a very cheap set with Ni-cad batteries I have been looking for a set that was functional.

Currently I am charging the batteries. It seems like they will charge to 80% in 10-20 minutes and need 8 hours to peak. It sounds like their Cable-Porter set yet $14 more but it has instore coverage instead of returning to factory.

Leaving for a month trip to the west coast so may not get to use it much but will toss it in a bay in the MH. :)

/ Kobalt Tool Set
I have used the light and drill and the batteries charge so fast. I did not the drill was 1/2" so that was a plus.

/ Kobalt Tool Set #3  
I have used the light and drill and the batteries charge so fast. I did not the drill was 1/2" so that was a plus.

Gale,
I do not know about Kobalt Cordess gear. By and large at work, we use Makita 18 volt screw gun/drills and impacts. They have a 15 minute charge time. I have been using Makitas forever from 9.6 volt and up, including their flashlights. I would guess out of 200 SWA mechanics in Houston, 150 use Makita 18 volt ion power.
hugs. Brandi

/ Kobalt Tool Set
Gale,
I do not know about Kobalt Cordess gear. By and large at work, we use Makita 18 volt screw gun/drills and impacts. They have a 15 minute charge time. I have been using Makitas forever from 9.6 volt and up, including their flashlights. I would guess out of 200 SWA mechanics in Houston, 150 use Makita 18 volt ion power.
hugs. Brandi

I would have preferred Makita after owning one many years ago. Kobalt is the house brand (could B&D or anyone I guess) but the big plus at Lowes is it is the only one with instore coverage and I hate sending things directly back to the makers so the instore exchange feature for equipment appealed to me. :)