AGRIplot iPhone App

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #1  

djsharpe

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1643
Hello everyone. I've been reading TBN for a while now, and even followed some of the Massey threads when helping to decide on my new tractor. It's a Massey 1643 with front loader, backhoe and dual rear remotes. It's awesome by the way. Anyway, I've had an iPhone app in the App Store now for a few months called AGRIplot. I basically made the app for my own personal use to measure my acreage to see how much grass I was cutting and how big of a field I wanted to fence in.

The first release in the App Store was received really well and I had a bunch of requests for enhancements. I've recently put out an update with some new features and I figured I would post about it on here. I've been surprised at how many people use the app for agricultural purposes. Of course one of the most interesting uses was by park rangers measuring acreage sizes of wildfire damage.

So if anyone wants to check it out, it's in the app store now. Also, if anyone is currently using AGRIplot, let me know how you use it.

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #2  
Downloaded today. I have several areas I mow and others I'm considering what to do, but I am curious as to their size.

David

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #3  
Cool! Thanks and welcome!

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #5  
I should really get an iPhone lol

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #6  
:laughing: I was just shopping now that the new iphone is out and it offers sprint as well as verizon and atnt. Looks like the sprint package is quite a bit better deal, are people happy with sprint?

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #7  
I tried AGRIplot this weekend on a couple of fields. I am impressed with the results. Your app is very simple to use and is very useful. I will mainly be using the app to plot hay fields and pasture to estimate renovation cost. I will also use it to plot the whole property boundaries. Thanks for creating the app and sharing its existence with us. I hope you do well with it.

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #8  
:laughing: I was just shopping now that the new iphone is out and it offers sprint as well as verizon and atnt. Looks like the sprint package is quite a bit better deal, are people happy with sprint?

I dropped Sprint and moved to Verizon with my new iPhone4s. Too many areas with no 3g or 4g on sprint and too many dead spots. Happy as a clam with Verizon

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #9  
I dropped Sprint and moved to Verizon with my new iPhone4s. Too many areas with no 3g or 4g on sprint and too many dead spots. Happy as a clam with Verizon

Ditto....moved from Sprint to Verizon, much better service. Was with Sprint for several years, many problems with service and blackberries. Now have the Android, happy with it.....but debating to switch over to Ifone....something else to learn. I gave da wife a 4s for Xmas, after the learning curve from Droid, she likes it.
Might have to check out the app....

/ AGRIplot iPhone App #10  
Awesome app - just walked off 70+ acres to estimate cost of field fencing vs barb wire. While walking I noted location of various feature (gates, barns, pools etc) and took pictures of each.I am looking for a way to take it over to my computer and add more detail and such - do you have software for that or is there a utility I need to use?

Very useful tool, I think you could raise the price of the app to 2.99 and it would still be a tremendous value.