Came across this on Craigslist

/ Came across this on Craigslist #3  
Have to agree it's a scam or someone meant $21K.

/ Came across this on Craigslist #4  
Defnatally a scam.

The scams dont give you a phone # or a c-list linked e-mail. They always give an email in the body of the ad.

If you were to e-mail them, it would be some BS story about how he moved and the tractor is somewhere in canada, and you can see it, but if you wire him the money he will cover all shipping, etc etc, etc.

Total SCAM. The guy doesnt have the tractor nor ever seen it. He just stole the pics from somewhere online.

/ Came across this on Craigslist #6  
A lot of times if you google the title of the post along with 'site:craigslist.org' you will see the same thing posted all over the country. Definitely a scam if you see that. If in doubt I just flag it, if it is legit the guy will post it back up soon enough ;)

/ Came across this on Craigslist #7  
I emailed the seller with the following question:
"When and where can I come to view this tractor?"

And here is the response:
"Hello I'm Mario thank you for your interest in buying my 1999 New Holland tractor. The price for the tractor, finish mower and attachment痴 is $2,100 and I`m firm on it.
The tractor has only 890 hours, 33hp, 4wd, diesel, hydrostatic transmission, woods finish mower, 3 point hitch, R4 industrial tires.
All manuals. Excellent condition. Used almost exclusively to mow grass. Stored in a garage.
I wanted to keep the tractor but I need cash to pay the mortgage on my house and during this financial crisis you can't sell anything for its real value.

So if you are interested please email me back so I can explain you how we`ll handle the transaction.

P.S.: If you'd like to view some additional pictures please let me know
--
Regards,
Mario P Sauceda"

This type of answer that ignores a direct question about viewing is typical of these common scams. You will never be able to go see it! As other posters have said, SCAM SCAM SCAM!

I have flagged a lot of these postings on CL, and their frequency has slowed way down. I think CL has finally started to pay attention. Don't get sucked in by these scumbags!

/ Came across this on Craigslist #8  
I saw a number of similar CL postings for skidsteers last summer. The price would about 10% -20% of fair market value. I emailed and got quite a story. They were willing to pay for delivery and I didn't have to pay for it until it was delivered. I was a few hours' drive from where they claimed to be, and I said I'd stop by and take a look at it and save them the trouble of shipping it. All communication stopped immediately. Total scam, but it was fun to fantasize.

/ Came across this on Craigslist #10  
I responded to a couple of those scams. CL listing indicated it was local. They asked for address, ect to send a check and they would ship on their dime ect...

I replied that I was local, had a trailer, and could be there in 30 minutes with cash. I don't want to ship ect. Then, they reply, that they live local but the tractor is at their old house, packed in a container, and ready to ship, hundreds or a thousand miles away.

So I replied, sayin I have family in the region(it was funny, because I did...). I could get them there in a couple hours to inspect the tractor before I buy it... They reply back, that it is stored at a shipping company, and is packed in a container ready to ship; shipping company cant handle the inspection...

Sad; I knew it was a scam, I have a tractor, but I just messed with them... :D

Oh, and a lot of them I see are a nice low hour tract(CUT), loader, scraper, mower, and many times backhoe. For, less than the cost of the 3pt backhoe alone...