Torch it or not?

/ Torch it or not? #1  

docrocky

Silver Member
Tractor
Oliver 880, Ford 8N, Ford 9N, Farmall Super C, MF 205, Ford 4400 FEL, Ford 4500 FEL/BH, Cat D-6 Dozer(1957)
I started cleaning up junk that i have ignored too long. I just cut up a bunch of old rusty cultivators etc and hauled them to the scrap yard. We are getting 220/ton up here. I have this 4 row corn planter I haven't used in about 10 to 15 years. White 534. It is nice shape except the outdoor rust. Are these things dinosaurs now a days? I REALLY HATE TO CUT THESE WORKS OF ARTS UP. I would be willing to give it away for the 100 bucks that I get from the scrap yard to someone who needs it. I talked to 2 friends who are implement dealers and they both though there was no demand for these anymore. I would appreciate others' thoughts.
ThankYou

/ Torch it or not? #3  
Not so familiar with White other than people who have them like them. What drives the planter, if individually driven row units, would be real valuable for plot fellas, make a pair of 2 row planters out of it.

--->Paul

/ Torch it or not? #4  
The last few years anything smallish with the corn plates with it is fetching good money.

/ Torch it or not? #5  
Put an add in Craigs List. Some one will buy all your stuff!

/ Torch it or not? #6  
A 4 row corn planter is gold to a hunter with a cat 1 tractor wanting to put out food plots.

When can you drop it off at my place? :laughing:

I just dug out a cat 1 Dearborn plow and disc that had been setting back in the woods at my Dad's for 30 years for this reason. The plow is so old the plowshare is made out of "straps" of steel instead of being solid.

/ Torch it or not? #8  
You 'ain't kidding......

Back in the late 70s or early80s with the great "back to the land" movement I attended a major auction at the county fairgrounds. What those "hippies" would bid for outright junk was amazing. I swear I could have gotten $50 out of a rock if I could prove a horse had once been tied to it.

Harry K