Generac engines

/ Generac engines #11  
Generac is not afilliated with briggs and stratton power products. Briggs and generac had an agreement a few years back but they are separate companies and have no connection at this time. Most of the parts that were sold through briggs for generac are gone and not available through briggs, They must be obtained through generac afiliated suppliers. Generac dealers order all there wholegood products directed from Generac, as well as parts for all but the portable generators and pressure washers.

As a Generac portable service center generac makes there own engine for the higher end units. I have seen the Loncin engine on several of the consumer grade units, they have used briggs, loncin, and nogano that I am aware of.

Then I guess Winkipedia got it wrong when they said
In 2003, the company acquired its consumer generator business from the Beacon Group and formed Briggs & Stratton Power Products. The Beacon Group had previously purchased the Consumer Products Division of Generac Corporation (now Generac Power Systems)

/ Generac engines
If they are connected, the units from B&S look totally different than the Generac unit. Interesting though. Now I'm even more curious.:confused::confused:

/ Generac engines #13  
Toy boy, Here you go------
Briggs and stratton in :thumbsup:2003, the company acquired its consumer generator business from the Beacon Group and formed Briggs & Stratton Power Products. The Beacon Group had previously purchased the Consumer Products Division of Generac Corporation (now Generac Power Systems) in 1998. In 2005, the company added Simplicity Manufacturing Inc, and Snapper, Inc, to the Briggs & Stratton Power Products line.

/ Generac engines #14  
Here is the complete story. Generac sold to a private equity group (beacon) in 2003, which later sold it to Briggs and Stratton. Because of the sale was not formally completed the noncomplete sale terms expired in 2008 and Generac reaquired all rights and started producting products as Generac Power Systems at that time.

So the question is did Briggs and Stratton own Generac and the correct answer is Yes and No

So Briggs does not own Generac and has no affilliation with the Generac company.

/ Generac engines #15  
Well there ya go I guess we have the answer,,:D

/ Generac engines
Soooo, Generac either makes the engine or buys then from someone other than B&S. Is that your final answer?:D

/ Generac engines #17  
No B & S engines on the current Generac portable generators according to there generator brochure. I have seen the Nagano and loncin engine on the ones that have been in for repairs this year (gummed up carbs due to stale fuel) The Generac engine is used on the XP series generators.

I am sure that briggs is using there engine on there generators. I don't have any info on the Generac or Briggs standby generators as far as engines used since I don't deal with those.

/ Generac engines #18  
Well back in the day Generac is the one that designed and built the Van Gaurd motor,, 8 years ago when I was in there plant during a training course they were building motors,,

/ Generac engines #19  
Toyboy,

Please allow me to clear up any confusion about Generac or the engine in your Generac generator. I've been an employee of Generac since 1995.

The engine in your 20kW Guardian series generator is made by Generac in Whitewater, Wisconsin (in the same factory the generator is made in).

There is no relation between Generac and Briggs and Stratton. They are not connected, and neither holds any interest in the other. They are both just two great Wisconsin companies that make similar products. The reason people get confused is because Generac sold it's portable products division in 1998 to a private equity firm who later sold the business to Briggs and Stratton in late 2001. Briggs and Stratton continued to use the Generac name on the products that business made for several years after the purchase as they transitioned them in the market over to their brand.

Thanks for purchasing a Generac home standby generator,

GeneratorGuy.

/ Generac engines
Thanks for clearing that up GeneratorGuy, I appreciate it. My compliments to your co-workers that made the 20kw, nice looking unit.

Now help me out one more time. I've found that Wix makes oil filters for it but I've not been able to cross reference the air filter. It looks like Fram, but the filter # does not cross on anyone's chart.