Hydrofracing

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Hydrofracing #1  

Egon

Epic Contributor
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CM8Lh7SAm6A&feature=related]Shale Gas- Hydraulic Fracturing - YouTube[/ame]

A video on Hydro Carbon well drilling and fracing. Some may be interested.

Note:the video shows one method of drilling and setting pipe. There are many different variations and also completions.

I am impartial on the effects positive/negative on drilling wells.:)

All I know is natural gas heats the house I'm sitting in at the moment.:)

/ Hydrofracing #2  
Amazing technology.

Very impressive that they can actually get the bore into gas/oil in the first place.

There is supposed to be gas in my county. South of us dang it. :D The AntiEnergy people are having fits about the idea of drilling even though fracking is NOT legal in NC.

I was reading a long discussion on water quality. On a beer website. :laughing::laughing::laughing: The lab that tested our well water was based on recommendations from the beer website. :thumbsup: Since water is so important to beer the discussion was very interesting though a bit too deep for my beer making interests. :D

There was an interesting comment made by a beer brewer who drills water wells for a living. He said they had drilled several wells over the years that hit gas. They would fill up plastic grocery bags with the gas from the water well and set the bags on fire. :D

There was no gas in our water per the lab report. :)

Later,
Dan

/ Hydrofracing
Methane gas in water wells is not uncommon. On an acerage well 180 ft. deep we had some natural gas.

In some areas a seperator is reqired before the water gets to the house.:thumbsup:

Many people confuse the methane with air.:)

Many Coal seams will have methane gas.:)

/ Hydrofracing #4  
Very interesting video, Egon. And my grandson recently went to work for Frac Tech as a mechanic. So he works on those big pumps they use for fracking.

/ Hydrofracing
Noisy things once they get going. But thats only for a few minutes. :)

/ Hydrofracing #6  
Very interesting. Lot of fracturing going on in PA where I used to live as well as many other parts of the country. Of course, lots of controversy regarding groundwater contamination.

No one wants the latter but we sure do need all of the natural gas we can drill for.

/ Hydrofracing #7  
"Gasland" Director Josh Fox Arrested at Congressional Hearing on Natural Gas Fracking

The Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Josh Fox was handcuffed and arrested Wednesday as he attempted to film a congressional hearing on the controversial natural gas drilling technique known as fracking, which the Environmental Protection Agency recently reported caused water contamination in Pavillion, Wyoming. Fox directed the award-winning film, "Gasland," which documents the impact of fracking on communities across the United States, and is now working on a sequel. Fox says he was arrested after Republicans refused to allow him to film because he did not have the proper credentials. "We wanted to report on what happened [at the hearing]. I was not interested in disrupting that hearing. It was not a protest action," says Fox. "I was simply trying to do my job as a journalist and go in there and show to the American people what was transpiring in that hearing, so that down the line, as we know there will be a lot of challenges mounted to that [Pavillion, Wyoming] EPA reporté*�nd frankly, to the people in Pavillion, who have been sticking up for themselves and demanding an investigation into the groundwater contaminationé*�nd to make sure that people could view that in a larger forum than usually happens."

====================================

Obamaç—´ Support for Natural Gas Drilling "A Painful Moment" for Communities Exposed to Fracking

Last week, President ***** called the United States "the Saudi Arabia of natural gas" in a speech about boosting domestic energy production. That concerns Wyoming farmer John Fenton, who already has more than two dozen gas wells on his property. The Environmental Protection Agency ruled in December that water contamination in Pavillion, Wyoming, was a result natural gas extraction and the controversial technique known as fracking. "Things changed pretty rapidly," Fenton says, after fracking took place on his land near Pavillion, and he now has to ship in water for drinking. "It didn稚 take long to notice a significant impacts to the water, the change to smell like diesel fuel, methane was bubbling in the water. We had neighbors that actually had livestock die from drinking the water and we also saw really huge impacts to our way of life. The farm fields are full of wellheads now that we have to work around. We have people coming and going off our property 24 hours a day, and we致e seen over a 50 percent devaluation in the value of our land." We also speak with filmmaker Josh Fox, who was arrested for attempting to recording a congressional hearing over the EPA report on Pavillion. Fox is producing a sequel to his award-winning film, "Gasland," about the impact of fracking across the United States.

/ Hydrofracing #8  
They built a Hydro-reclaim station right across the road from my MIL. That sedimant pond stinks worse than a refinery...The odor carrys for miles, simular to diesel and solvent mixed......I hope that is is only a temporary arrangment?

/ Hydrofracing #9  
Living the fracking experience now here in PA, went in with an open mind and heard both sides, I know where i stand now:

They can "Stay the frack off my land"!

/ Hydrofracing #10  
the fracking is the worst thing ever conceived. Its not just the huge trucks running you off the road and the dump trucks running all night. After they have drilled and contaminated the ground water and the streams they will condemn any property they wish to put pipe lines in. This mess might be accepted in the south west where the brush will grow over the damage in a few seasons but in the forests of Pennsylvania nothing short of an atomic bomb would cause less permanent damage. They do not contribute to the local economy because all the workers are brought in. The workers are a rough scurvy bunch of thieves that will roam about ignoring posted private roads looking to do mischievous deeds when not working. If ever I see one in a ditch I will continue driving and report it to no one.

Status
Not open for further replies.