Bought the Wife a Droid

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #1  

k0ua

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kioti DK35se Hydrostat
Bought the wife a Motorola Droid Razor Saturday as one of her Christmas gifts. Man is that thing cool. She was using an old Motorola V62 flip phone and a palm pilot for her home based business and the new Droid Razor is like stepping into the next century. I have a new Blackberry Bold, provided by my company, and let me tell you this razor is so much better to use for browsing TractorByNet that it is not even funny. I was wondering if any of you had any comments about any of these new smartphones. I have learned so much in the last week trying to find out which one to buy. I was not leaning towards the Razor for her but when she played with it in the store, it was the one she liked the best, so that is what we came home with, along with a little motorola blu tooth headset. We dropped some change at the old Verizon store that is for sure.

James K0UA

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #2  
I have an older Droid X2 which is still offered now but for only $99. The wife and I were looking for a smart phone for her last week and comparing the specs, the only thing the newer Droids have on my X2 is a forward facing camera (useless) and 4G which is no where near where I live. So we got her the same dual core processor, 16gb, 8mp HD camera, Droid X2 for just $99.

These new phones are ridiculously amazing! I can do more than a 2 year old laptop. I can even access and control my home server, take videos, music, pics etc... from the server and move them to my internet based TV to watch.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid
Yeah she does not have any use for the forward facing camera either, but the 4G LTE is nice, we have it here, I set up the hotspot on the Droid and browsed the web with my laptop and it is faster than our regular Internet service. Pretty cool and she expects to get a lot of use out of that. Need to keep an eye on the data usage though, as the plan only has 6G. But anyway I am impressed with the thing.

James K0UA

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #4  
I couldn't comment on either, because I just use a 2007 Samsung "scissor" phone which calls and texts. That is all I need a phone to do.

My mother has a new Blackberry Curve 8520 though and I'm ensured it is brilliant for the internet.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #5  
I just got the Razr Saturday too. I originally had the Droid X then upgraded to the Bionic. The Bionic had major issues and Verizon sent me the Razr for free. I love all the apps available. Anything from navigation to recipes and my guitar music, all available thru the app market. There is a lot for her to learn about the android OS, so tell her take her time and play with it. This thing is a great tool and I don't know how I got along without it.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid
I just got the Razr Saturday too. I originally had the Droid X then upgraded to the Bionic. The Bionic had major issues and Verizon sent me the Razr for free. I love all the apps available. Anything from navigation to recipes and my guitar music, all available thru the app market. There is a lot for her to learn about the android OS, so tell her take her time and play with it. This thing is a great tool and I don't know how I got along without it.

yeah I was amazed at the web browsing experience of this thing, I have a company BB Bold, and it can't hold a candle to this Droid thing. I was turning green with jealousy.

James K0UA

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #7  
I use my phone a lot for work.

I'm on my second refurbished Droid X due to "issues".

Love the phone and all it can do (particularly for storing data in various created files), but every once is while it gets aggravating with no phone connection when I think I have one or the screen won't work.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #8  
k0ua said:
yeah I was amazed at the web browsing experience of this thing, I have a company BB Bold, and it can't hold a candle to this Droid thing. I was turning green with jealousy.

James K0UA

Your Droid can get company email. Our I.T. guy set mine up to receive. Used to only be able to access by my laptop and sign into the VPN but now I get it right on my phone. :)

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #9  
The smart phones are great.Kids bought me an I phone for xmass last year.I use it all the time for the web and email.I don't use my pc that often just use the I phone.

/ Bought the Wife a Droid #10  
Been a while since I went to the store for a new phone, but when that happened, it was 2 phones, a Droid II and a HTC Incredible. Store wanted about $350 to get out the door (2 phones for the price of one deal).. I have never, still haven't paid for a phone, didn't like the idea of paying for a phone for them to make money off me, but I gave the go-ahead to the wife for the kid's phone, and me the other free one. Mine screen was cracked on my flip phone and it would be $49 to get it replaced under insurance. Something was wrong with the computers and after 3 hours, I told them to abort it, that we would handle it the next day. I simmered all night, half the next day before I called Verizon and talked to a dozen or so different employees, till i got the complete deal covered. Ended up getting two new phones and $50 credit to take them on my next months bill. Had to wait 3 days to get them, but for that kind of change, it was worth it.
Daughter thought she had the best deal going at $350, was flabbergasted when I got them to pay me to take it. First months bill came in, none of the stuff promised was on it, had to call and get it all reinstated. The idiot that promised it neglected to realize that his employee code was on the "shipped phones" and I had recorded the conversation, so if he thought he was getting away with something, he lost out.(salesman wouldn't tell you a little white lie would they, promise you the moon to get you to sign on the dotted line?)
David from jax

Bought the wife a Motorola Droid Razor Saturday as one of her Christmas gifts. Man is that thing cool. She was using an old Motorola V62 flip phone and a palm pilot for her home based business and the new Droid Razor is like stepping into the next century. I have a new Blackberry Bold, provided by my company, and let me tell you this razor is so much better to use for browsing TractorByNet that it is not even funny. I was wondering if any of you had any comments about any of these new smartphones. I have learned so much in the last week trying to find out which one to buy. I was not leaning towards the Razor for her but when she played with it in the store, it was the one she liked the best, so that is what we came home with, along with a little motorola blu tooth headset. We dropped some change at the old Verizon store that is for sure.

James K0UA