Stainless steel fridge

/ Stainless steel fridge #1  

czechsonofagun

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B1750
will not hold magnets? Now that's a family crises right there :(

/ Stainless steel fridge #3  
It is probably 304 Stainless Steel. It is non magnetic. I use a magnetic when I am sorting through stainless steel nuts,bolts, screws etc.
Your stainless steel kitchen knife and fork is probably 400 series, it is magnetic.

Craig Clayton

/ Stainless steel fridge #4  
will not hold magnets? Now that's a family crises right there :(

We just bought one after looking at many. Most have steel painted sides and magnets work there if the side is open, otherwise if you must, I guess there are always metal screws. :laughing:

/ Stainless steel fridge #5  
If you can use the side of the fridge it will hold magnets, It can be a pain but the front is not cluttered.

/ Stainless steel fridge
We have this javaian shadow magnet to play with plus alphabet to assemble funny messages - important part of the kitchen it was.

/ Stainless steel fridge #8  
My wife doesn't care for the S/S look, nor I. Hopefully this craze to build everything in s/s will go away before we have to replace our appliances.
An old friend who used to build everything in stainless for his personal use so it would last longer (when you own a machine shop with a huge supply of raw materials, you can make it out of whatever you want) a few years ago decided to make a part for himself. Somebody questioned why he didn't make it out of S/S, and he simply said that ferrous would outlast him, why waste the s/s...
David from jax

/ Stainless steel fridge #9  
Some just look stainless. I was surprised a few years ago when I brought home my top-of-the-line Jenn-Aire "stainless" refrigerator and found that my magnets stuck to it perfectly.:(

/ Stainless steel fridge #10  
I don't even know the color of our fridge because there is stuff on top of stuff. My oldest daughter even decorates my shop fridge.