Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning #1  

pajoube

Veteran Member
Tractor
Former Owner PowerTrac 425 (September 2003)
Looking for a link or information on who makes these paddle wheel machines. You see lawn care people using them to push sand, dead leaves and grass from boulevard into street.
They look like a weed trimmer but have a foot or so wide rubber paddle wheel on the front.
PJ

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning #2  
Echo makes a line that has a power head and attachments. One is a power sweep. Go to their website by clicking here and look for the Proattach series. I can't link directly to it. Sorry. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif It's the picture in the one o'clock position.

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning #3  
They call them power brooms and they are not cheap /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif, but they work very well /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif. check out this link power brooms or do a google search for "power broom" use the quotes it will refine the search to only that word.

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning
Steve and MossRoad
Thank you for the links, this really helps.
PJ

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning #5  
Can any one tell me if these powerbrooms work on pine needles in grass or is there something else I don't know about?
Thanks Mainiak1

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning
Mainiak1
I have seen these being used close up. They will move just about anything including pine needles, leaves, grass, you name it. In the past the boulevards would be hand raked or a backpack blower used to move debris into the street. Now this is done by one of these rubber rollers in half the time and more cost efficient.
PJ

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning #8  
Thanks for the replies, I have seen these things used on the street around here. They look like they work great. I've never seen one used on pine needles
on grass. Around here everyone still use a rake. Don't know if it is because of the cost of these things or they don't work much better than a rake. If anyone has used one on lawn please jump in.

Thanks,
mainiak1

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning #9  
check the link on my other post in this forum it rates broom to different things and it gives a 4 to pine needles. I would asume it works well. e-mail the company and get a response from them they make them they would know if you do not get an answer here.

/ Power Paddle Wheel for Lawn Cleaning #10  
I have used the Shindaiwa to clean all the sand and stones out of my lawn that the town plow puts there every year. It works better than you can imagine.

I never thought of it to sweep grass clippings but I bet it would work great.

I rented the unit from Nations Rent for a weekend for $50 or $60.