What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,381  
Maybe not my favorite, but poignant.

"For all sad words of tongue and pen, The saddest are these, 'It might have been"
John Greenleaf Whittier

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,382  
There are three kinds of tellers in the bank where I work, those who can count and those who can't

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying?
#1,383  
"Love is never silent, it has so much to say, and it is our greatest blessing, when we give it all away"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,384  
Never a lender or a borrower be

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,385  
If cigarette tax should discourage people from smoking and if alcohol tax should discourage people from drinking then income tax is fully understood only by people on welfare.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,386  
Never a lender or a borrower be

Excellent.
That same quote from Hamlet also has, as a part of it

"To thine own self be true".

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,387  
My daddy was lineing out the crew and one guy told him : that's too much Rome wasn't built in a day.
Daddy replied your right but I wasn't running that job.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,388  
"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses."

Muhammad Ali/Cassius Clay

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,389  
My boss said something the other day that made me smile. He was talking about a particular colleague that thinks very highly of himself.

"If we could buy him for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth we could all retire today."

I hope no one can ever say that about me.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,390  
"I'm sorry Honey, but your cooking doesn't taste as good as when my Mom used to make it for me".
This reminds me of a Mexican friend who never had tortillas for lunch but his brother in law brought him some every day. When I asked him why, he said that the first meal his new wife made for him, he complained that the tortillas werent as good as HER MOMS and she said she he could get them from her from then own. 20 years later and she still hadnt forgiven him for that. Hence no tortillas for him