What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,722  
Yes I suppose we men are rather simplistic. We tend to run on logic rather than emotion.

Men don't do hidden agendas or double meanings very well and we apparently suck at telling lies..
I've been to parties and events and listened to the same conversation as my wife and she extracts so much more
information out of what was said and what was not said. Men do not read between the lines like a woman can.
We are not stupid - just more superficial i guess.

Some general observations/advice for women:

When you are doing something and we ask a question it is because we don't understand why you are doing
something the way you are - it is not criticism. Just explain it to us, even if there is no logical reason other than because you feel like doing it that way.

Talking louder at me will not help me understand better and will not make you more right.

If I ask what is the matter and you say "Nothing" , I will believe you and act accordingly. I mean you wouldn't lie to me would you?

If I ask what is the matter and you say "You know perfectly well" I guarantee that I don't have a clue. Tell me.

Don't hint - if you want me to do something say so. I don't get hints very well, in fact most men are terrible at it.

My mind is only able to concentrate on one thing at a time. Women seem to be able to multitask better. If I am reading, watching tv, or working on something and you say something to me I will most likely not hear you or will only get part of your statement. If you ask me a question, you need to get my attention first so I can refocus on it. It takes a few seconds for me to mentally reset. I personally have a problem with this. My wife will say something and I will not even be aware of it and then she will get my attention by saying "YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO ME" I say "Sorry, what did you say?" She says "Never mind" and stews about it for hours. God help me if I were to say "You're right, I wasn't paying any attention to you, I was reading, what do you want?"

I don't see things like you do. I see different things with different priorities. If you want me to see something that you see, point it out to me.

So why am I putting this here now? My wife asked me a question about 10 minutes ago while I was reading another post and so help me God, I have no idea what she said.... and she won't tell me again.

Sigh!...

Those are gospel my friend, and most women don't get that. Especially when we question what you're doing, I'll ask mine why did you turn here, I'll get either a huffy answer about the direction or a you dummy! And the listening, at least she gets tht one.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,723  
After 53 years married to the same woman I have come to the conclusion that men and women are like America and England;two entities separated by a common language.

Smilinjak

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,724  
After 53 years married to the same woman I have come to the conclusion that men and women are like America and England;two entities separated by a common language.

Smilinjak

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,725  
caps; Thanks for the insight! Sorry you were having issues. Maybe you should show your post to your wife, and help her understand.

mossflower; I understand where you are coming from, and did not take any of your post personally. No need to apologize.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,726  
caps; Thanks for the insight! Sorry you were having issues. Maybe you should show your post to your wife, and help her understand.

mossflower; I understand where you are coming from, and did not take any of your post personally. No need to apologize.

Farmgirl, see those 2 dogs in your avatar? Let's say one is man, one is woman, the lady says; "Wow, what beautiful flowers!" Man says: Wow, I bet there's a big fat rabbit in that mess!:D

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,727  
Some people are like slinkies - they aren't really good for anything but it's still fun to watch them after you push them down the stairs.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,728  
Farmgirl, see those 2 dogs in your avatar? Let's say one is man, one is woman, the lady says; "Wow, what beautiful flowers!" Man says: Wow, I bet there's a big fat rabbit in that mess!:D

I get that, toppop. But honestly, I thought caps did a good job of putting into words some things that women don't "get" about guys. We (or maybe I should say, *I*) always figured if we asked several times, or repeated ourselves several times, that it was the equivalent to nagging. Now, that's not to say guys can't have "selective deafness", but I still think the post that caps made was a good one. Just sayin'.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying?
#1,729  
OK, this one is tacky, but funny, especially after mossflower's latest one.....

Men are like linoleum, lay them right, and you can walk on them for 30 years!
I liked you analogy. Without leaving the arena, simply put, it mostly involves Testosterone versus Estrogen.In retrospect, a Woman doesn't truly respect a Man, that she can "Wrap around Her Little Finger". Compromise and broadening the lines of communication, are the beginning of a much better relationship. I wish to add one more relative response: Our Mothers and Fathers were and are Men and Women also, but WE rarely view our parents as Sexual participants. Modern Man has had tevolve over time. The days of "Dragging your Woman" to Your cave is long past, and Sabian Women, no longer exist. Compromise, Compromise. Thanks for listening.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #1,730  
I get that, toppop. But honestly, I thought caps did a good job of putting into words some things that women don't "get" about guys. We (or maybe I should say, *I*) always figured if we asked several times, or repeated ourselves several times, that it was the equivalent to nagging. Now, that's not to say guys can't have "selective deafness", but I still think the post that caps made was a good one. Just sayin'.

I'm sorry, I was watching Big Bang Theory! :laughing:

Yes, his post was dead on!