What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,071  
When I was about 18, my dad gave me a little business card with this saying on it...

Illegitimi non carborundum

Attributed to General "Vinegar Joe" Stillwell. It's "mock-Latin" but roughly translates to "Don't let the b@st@rds grind you down!". I kept that card in my wallet for many years until it finally disintegrated. I've since printed more and will occasionally hand one out to someone that's going through a rough patch. Keeping that saying in mind has gotten me through many tough times! :)

I had a piece of marble with that on it as a desk paper-weight. My students would ask me what it said!

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,072  
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,073  
Those who cast the votes decide nothing.....
Those who count the votes decide everything..... Joe Stalin

If you find yourself in a fair fight..... your tactics suck.

.... is faster than a scalded bat out of ****.....

That's slicker than snot on a glass door knob....

He's dumber than a bag of hammers.

The United Nations is like a really full dirty diaper......
Everyone smells it, no one wants to go near it and everyone is afraid to open it up and change it.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,074  
Make each day useful and cheerful and prove that you know the worth of time by employing it well. Then youth will be happy, old age without regret and life a beautiful success."

~ Louisa May Alcott, 1832-1888, Author

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,075  
Remain silent and be thought a fool or open your mouth and remove all doubt.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,076  
“There’s a perception among some black people that if you’re not a thug or hood rat or if you don’t war your pants around by your ***, you’re not black enough. They’re always holding us back, plain and simple.”

“Them jackasses who are looting ... Those aren’t real black people, those are scumbags."

Charles Barkley

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,077  
"I'll be all around in the dark - I'll be everywhere. Wherever you can look - wherever there's a fight, so hungry people can eat, I'll be there. Wherever there's a cop beatin' up a guy, I'll be there. I'll be in the way guys yell when they're mad. I'll be in the way kids laugh when they're hungry and they know supper's ready, and when the people are eatin' the stuff they raise and livin' in the houses they build - I'll be there, too." Tom Joad...The Grapes of Wrath

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,078  
This old nugget popped into my head this morning...

Save the Drama for your Mama...

David

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,079  
a "choose your own ending" saying...

a) The duplicate post bug is fixed!

b) The Duplicate post bug is NOT Fixed!

David

Last edited:
   / What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,080  
"Our goals can only be reached through a vehicle of a plan, in which we must fervently believe, and upon which we must vigorously act. There is no other route to success."

~ Pablo Picasso, artist