What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #201  
People ask how Im doin? my answer: Fair to Midland! they either laugh ,or stand there puzzled! I tell them to figure it out. .........
When asked that question I tell people I'm "Kicking but not raising dust!"

Sometimes when people ask a stupid question I'll tell them to "Get a paper and pencil and figure it out."

Another saying I like is ""He's the kind of guy that if you asked him "Do anything stupid today?", it would be a rhetorical question.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #202  
Sometimes when people ask a stupid question I'll tell them to "Get a paper and pencil and figure it out."

Whenever somebody defends someone else's stupid question with "There's no such thing as a stupid question" I like to add "But there sure are a lot of inquisitive idiots" :)

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #203  
Sh!ttin in tall cotton.
Got my by the short hairs.
I'm not going to name any names, but his initials are (insert full name here)
Bumping uglies
Crooked as a dog's hind leg
Slick as snot on a doorknob
Finer than frog hair
Crazy as a **** house rat
He's a waste of skin
Wouldn't pi$$ on his face if his nose was on fire
He couldn't find his ***** if his wallet was on fire
slippin' like a pig on ice
when in a hurry, your Makin heel dust

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #204  
OK, now you reminded me of a Polish saying...

It refers to someone who is too proud of themselves....

Translated it comes out to something like. "He thinks he can **** higher than his a*s" :laughing:

JB

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #205  
My father used to say when we were undecided....

**** or get off the pot!

another when raising his left hand, "Right hand to God"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #206  
My tag line is my favorite, and to my knowledge I have to credit my grandfather.

Also, If someone asks "How are you?" answer "Well if I was any better, I'd have to take something for it."

Another: "It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey."
History on saying: In old sailing times the ships had cannon balls stored in a pyramid on the deck. Those cannon balls rested in a pan with rolled sides made of brass called a monkey. When the temps got low enough the brass would shrink and cannon balls would roll all over the deck.

Last one: "The whole nine yards".
History on saying: During WWII Naval fighter pilots would return from a mission. The deck hands would ask the how they did. The pilots would reply, "I gave them the whole nine yards." That was in reference to the fact that the planes would hold nine yards of belted bullets in each wing and they fired all nine yards.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #207  
Once a king always a king but once a knight's enough.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #209  
My tag line is my favorite, and to my knowledge I have to credit my grandfather.

Also, If someone asks "How are you?" answer "Well if I was any better, I'd have to take something for it."

Another: "It's cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey."
History on saying: In old sailing times the ships had cannon balls stored in a pyramid on the deck. Those cannon balls rested in a pan with rolled sides made of brass called a monkey. When the temps got low enough the brass would shrink and cannon balls would roll all over the deck.

Last one: "The whole nine yards".
History on saying: During WWII Naval fighter pilots would return from a mission. The deck hands would ask the how they did. The pilots would reply, "I gave them the whole nine yards." That was in reference to the fact that the planes would hold nine yards of belted bullets in each wing and they fired all nine yards.

I love the history of words/sayings like that.

I'm sure many know this one, but when someone refers to flat out our full speed they use to say "balls out" It referred to the mechanical governors on early engines, that had some type of weighted balls that worked by centrifugal force. learned that one from Jay Leno.

I always wondered about a saying an old Irishman that lived in my neighborhood use to say. When I was a kid he was already in his 80's, I would cut his grass for him. Sometimes we struggled to get the mower running, after a little while with no luck getting it started, he would be out of breath and would say in an exasperated manor "balls, balls Mccartney" I never heard it since and always wondered if it had any meaning or was just his own saying???

JB

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #210  
Ineptocracy: A system of government where the least

capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the

members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded

with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number

of producers*