What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,101  
I used to do lots of renovations and many clients were engineers.
I often refereed to some as professional klutzes.
-An electrical eng. (worked international hydro projects) asked me why some wire was red and some white and why I placed some switch boxes at 4 ft and others at 5 ft. ????
-an automotive eng spliced 2 Suburo's and wondered why the transmission blew up (different tires frt/rear)
-another said to use the 1/2" particle board that he had stacked to renew his roof. (left out in rain it was now about 1" thick)
-one complained that the frost had heaved his septic tank causing a reverse slope preventing drainage. Actual problem was the main flooring beam was so rotted that the house tilted enough to collapse the sewer drain. All his support posts were offset from bearing points.

I soon discovered that PEng's are all theory and not practical!

Back when I had to work for a living, our manager was a 'professional engineer'...
we lovingly referred to him as a theoretical genius, but a practical idiot.
He often lived up to both aspects of this...:rolleyes:

Pete

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,102  
Back when I had to work for a living, our manager was a 'professional engineer'...
we lovingly referred to him as a theoretical genius, but a practical idiot.
He often lived up to both aspects of this...:rolleyes:

Pete

College, may play a large role in that cause.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,103  
its easier to find a shady place than to find a warm one.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,104  
"he was runnin' around like a head with it's chicken cut off"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,105  
Don't always blame it on the engineer.

:)

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,107  
Three condemned people are to be executed by guillotine.

First condemned person is a minister. The release is pulled. Blade doesn't come down. The minister cries out: "God knows I am innocent!" He's pardoned.

Second condemned person is a revolutionary agitator. The release is pulled. Blade doesn't come down. The agitator cries out: "The revolution cannot be stopped!" He's pardoned.

Third condemned is an engineer. The release is pulled. Blade doesn't come down. The engineer looks up, points, and says, "I think your problem is that the cable is binding right there."

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,109  
Some things you can only learn at school. Some things you can only learn on the job. Some things can be learned either place. The engineer learns 70% of what he needs to know after college.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,110  
"Everyone has something wrong with them; it's whether you can live with it or not".