What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,461  
Originally Posted by 2LaneCruzer View Post
Good post...although not a quote per se, it has an important message. At the risk of straying off topic and repeating myself, I have a similar story that had a tremendous impact on me, my life and my family.

At a family reunion, after dinner was over, and everyone had dispersed and were having their own private little conversations, I ended up talking to an uncle of mine...a tall, movie star handsome second generation German immigrant, who had served in WWII in some sort of secret capacity. Although he never talked about, others in the family told me that he had parachuted behind enemy lines on several of his missions. He was also a County agent; educated, intelligent...not to mention brave... and accomplished. I say this because I valued his counsel and took him seriously.

He asked about me an my family...I was married, had two daughters, ages 8 and 12...and was employed as a Research Chemist. I told him that we were fine, but I was not particularly happy with my job, but couldn't really do much about. He then asked me what it would take to make me happy, and I told him that it had always been my dream to attend law school. He then asked me what my problem was...and I told him that I couldn't afford to quit work, that I would have to attend night school, work full time, and try to fulfill my family responsibilities. His answer: "So?", and I replied "I would like to, but it's so hard". I'll never forget his response...he looked me straight in the eye, with a rather serious look on his face, and said: "It's not supposed to be easy". I had to admit he was right. I never forgot that conversation, and it made a big difference in my life. I took the LSAT that Summer; was admitted in 1976 and graduated in 1980. He was right, it wasn't easy, but it was doable...with the help of Sharn Jean and the girls...and it made a big difference in my life and my career.

That is a very inspirational story 2LaneCruzer

Yes, it was. Good story and so very true.

Later,
Dan

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,462  
"DUMB AZZ!"

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,463  
I have a new quote I heard recently and liked.

The quote is from The Peoples Movie Critic. Ya'll have heard about him right? :D:D:D

I listen to a morning radio show that is syndicated out of Charlotte NC. Pretty funny show called Bob and Sherri. Bob used to be on TV in one of those tv "magazine" shows that would come on at 7:00. He went back to radio and was looking for a smart woman to be his partner, not some giggling blonde, and he interviewed and hired Sherri who had NO radio experience at all. Best decision he ever made. She is smart, funny and quick witted. She has two kids and while working has written several books and gone back to school to get a Masters. :shocked::thumbsup: They have been on the air for around 15 years. They and the two guys who run the show on the air are like family to each other and are very entertaining.

What the heck does this have to do with The Peoples Movie Critic? Well, I am getting there! :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Peoples Movie Critic used to own a video rental store. Right after he opened the store, Blockbuster's opened on the nearby street corner. :shocked::eek: The Peoples Movie Critic was soon out of business :eek: and he took a job at Budwiser as a manager. Now, The Peoples Movie Critic likes movies, thus the failed business AND he liked the Bob and Sherri show. He plotted and planned to find a way to get on the show. He called in a few times with some funny stories and I think he met Bob and Sherri and local events. Which means he was kinda a stalker. :laughing::laughing::laughing: The Peoples Movie Critic is VERY funny and has an upbringing similar to the rest of the show. They all have had a rather bad childhood and he fit right it. He eventually wormed his way onto the show and every Friday he gives a review of a movie. He rates them by the number of Buds, a full Six Pack is a great movie, or a Zima or two if the movie is really bad. :D The Bud Company gives him time to call into the show and the show lets him mention Budwiser so it all works out. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

The Peoples Movie Critic grew up in the country and had an interesting childhood. He has some very interesting stories and one day he said something while telling a story that really impressed me and the Bob and Sherri crew.

What you eat, don't make me fat.

Later,
Dan

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,464  
We can chart our future clearly and wisely only when we know the path which has led to the present."

- Adlai E. Stevenson

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,465  
I was watching some weird western movie. The macho sheriff was threatening
some guy to "Slap Him Red".

The good old days when you could say such things and not be charged for uttering threats!

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,466  
"Never let your wife cut your hair when she's having a bad day".

As I look in the mirror, that's my own quote.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,467  
Don't steal.
The Government hates competition.
TBN member.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,469  
Since I am not a particularly social nor group oriented type of guy, I got a laugh out of this.

IMG_0892.jpg

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #2,470  
I'm not going to fire you. You get a 6 month vacation.
Twice a year (Not a Paid 1)
My Grand dad.