What is your favorite Quote or Saying?

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #341  
k0ua said:
Do you know where that quote came from?

James K0UA

Military term, used to give gunners a nine yard band of bullets, but was heavy so soldiers would break them down. When the s#?!t got thick, they would give em THE WHOLE NINE YARDS !

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #342  
Yeah I heard something similar. That the .50 cal machinegun belts for airplanes were 27 feet long, and the the crew chiefs would say to the pilots "give em the whole 9 yards boys" as a sendoff phrase. I did some research after I posted, and the consensus is "maybe".. there might be other explainations for it. So now I am not so sure.

James K0UA

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #343  
"Women: You can't live with them, you can't live with them."

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #344  
Sometimes when someone says:

"I don't THINK,... I KNOW!"
a snappy comeback is
"I don't think you know either."

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #345  

a snappy comeback is

As a kid I had a teacher who was incessantly banging on about manners.

For some reason I'd upset him, and when he asked for an explanation I started off with "I didn't think that ...." and was about to explain my reasoning when he interrupted me shouting "PRECISELY - YOU DIDN'T THINK!"

My next line was "Didn't you tell us 10 minutes ago how RUDE it is to INTERRUPT?"

... and for demonstrating how well he'd taught us about the rudeness of cutting someone short... Detention. :mad:

Apparently the man is still a git.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #346  

a snappy comeback is

IIRC, that's an old Abbott and Costello routine...

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #347  
"Marion: Guns aren't going to be my boy's life.
Joey: Why do you always have to spoil everything? (Joey kicks the white rock and points his pistol at it, imitating Shane's behavior: "Bang, bang.")
Shane: A gun is a tool, Marion. No better and no worse than any other tool - an axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.
Marion: We'd all be much better off if there wasn't a single gun left in this valley - including yours."

I also like this one: "A diamond ain't nothing but a piece of coal that stuck with it!" Brother Dave Gardner, ca. 1963

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #348  

a snappy comeback is
:thumbsup:

Just like when someone asks me if I am 'working hard or hardly working', I grab them by the neck and ask them 'breathing hard or hardly breathing!!':laughing:

Hawk

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #349  
IIRC, that's an old Abbott and Costello routine...

Ah...good to know. If I had known where I heard it, I'd have liked to have given due credit. Unfortunately, I heard in from fellow classmates in elementary school.

/ What is your favorite Quote or Saying? #350  
:thumbsup:

Just like when someone asks me if I am 'working hard or hardly working', I grab them by the neck and ask them 'breathing hard or hardly breathing!!':laughing:

Hawk

:laughing:
That's MEAN! and @#$% funny!
:laughing:

David

PS - You will have to remind me not to say that to you (I say it too often)!

Last edited: