@%$**! DayLight Savings Time

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #1  

Bob77064

Elite Member
Tractor
2011 LS R3039
Who else does not like daylight savings? Why can't they leave it the same all the time, like some states do?

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #2  
Why can't they leave it the same all the time, like some states do?

That would too easy. They always need to keep us on our toes. At least it is getting darker a little later each day now.

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #3  
I never understood Daylight savings time...

Anybody here care to explain to a thicko like me ?

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #4  
Seen this?

Attachments

• Wise Indian.jpg
    Wise Indian.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 368
   / @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #5  
I never understood Daylight savings time...

Anybody here care to explain to a thicko like me ?

From the web...The main purpose of Daylight Saving Time (called "Summer Time" in many places in the world) is to make better use of daylight. We change our clocks during the summer months to move an hour of daylight from the morning to the evening.

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #6  
For me... at means spending about 6 hours at work making the changes... it used to take longer but some of the new equipment automatically adjusts now.

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #7  
Iam for not missing w/clocks..doesn't help if you got cabin fever.

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #9  
I can explain it in one word. Apathy. everyone knows it does nothing and makes no sense but everyone just goes along with it.

If one state doesn't do it and it all fine then the rest should just follow along.

Now if someone wants to play games with clocks and people then cities should mandate that business stagger their hours of operation. This would almost eliminate traffic jams in big cities. And no need to build more freeways. It will save gas.

Come up with a way so companies start at 6 am and close by 2pm, then those people can hit the roads at 2PM, then another group from 7-3, all the way to people working 12N - 8pm. That way I think there would be no traffic snarls.

Why not. I'm not saying everyone, but does it make sense that 90% of a city heads home at 5PM and people sit in traffic till 7-8pm.

A lot better option than moving a clock back and forth by an hour, what does that accomplish? We're not reading by candle light any more.

/ @%$**! DayLight Savings Time #10  
I totally agree with Bob. Although I don't really care after the "spring forward", I despise the "fall back".