Electric Pressure Washer?

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #1  

Tdog

Platinum Member
Tractor
BX22
I am in need of an electric pressure washer. I've got a great gas model [2750 psi] with a Honda engine, but I hurt my back several months ago [compression fracture] & cannot pull the cord to get it started. In fact, I'm in the process of divorcing all my 2 cycle engines.

I'm just looking for anything to look out for, positive or negative.

Thanks,

Jack

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #2  
I guess it depends on what you intend to use it for and whether you will have to move it around much.

I have an inexpensive electric karcher that's barely enough to wash the vinyl siding on my house, but it was cheap to buy, is lightweight and convenient to use, I never have to mess with gas, and it always starts.

Some will suggest getting a gas pressure washer with an electric starter.

/ Electric Pressure Washer?

Do they make those??

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #4  
Another thing you can do is use an electric drill to start the engine, remove the recoil starter cover and check it out. There are lots of videos showing this.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJe5cvFccWs&feature=relmfu]Drill Starting a 12HP Engine - YouTube[/ame]

James K0UA

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #5  
I had a Karcher for several years. It worked, but had problems with the auto shut off switch and it was a wimp. Have you looked at 220 volt units? A lot more power and I think better quality. Northern sells some.

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #6  
I got one from WallyWorld, believe it is a Kracher and I'm pleasantly surprised with it. Just used it last week to power wash my concrete. Used it to do my vehicles, even inside the truck body. I have a 3000psi gas jobber, but always been a PITA to get started and drag around, great for those big jobs. The electric one is just so convenient.

David

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #7  

Do they make those??

Just taking a very quick look at the Northern Hydraulic catalog, there's one electric start unit in there for $1,999.99, but surely there are other less expensive versions out there.

You might check to see if there's an electric start kit you could add to what you already have.

Honda start so well that the drill start might work, too, as also suggested. It would be the cheapest option if it works and if you already have the drill.

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #8  
I use a pressure washer almost weekly to wash our dirtbikes. I had one for years that I bought at Home Depot, it was made by Devilbiss. Eventually I dropped something on the plastic wand and broke it. The unit used non-standard fittings all the way around so it has been sitting in storage until the day I find a way to make it work. I then bought a Karcher and it lasted 2 seasons before it started having issues with building pressure. I bought some parts and messed around with it but could never get it to work right and it went in the trash. I then bought a gas 'BlackMax' at Sam's which has a Honda engine. Usually starts on the first pull and I love it. It is way more powerful that the electric units so I have to be careful with it when washing the bikes. It is direct-drive and I was concerned about the pump going bad but someone gave me the advice to never stop spraying while the unit was on so I always shut it down before releasing the handle. Has worked just fine for about 3 years now.

One of the things to look for is not only pressure but what volume of water it puts out (GPM). All the pressure in the world doesn't help if there is no water to wash stuff away.

/ Electric Pressure Washer?
kOua - - thanx for that video! It works. Used my gas pressure washer this afternoon.

What a find.

Jack

/ Electric Pressure Washer? #10  
kOua - - thanx for that video! It works. Used my gas pressure washer this afternoon.

What a find.

Jack

Cool:thumbsup:

James K0UA