Tractor Dealer/TBN Membership. Good idea or bad?

/ Tractor Dealer/TBN Membership. Good idea or bad? #1  

Rick Jay

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2910, also Honda HT3813 with mower and front blade.
Hi all,

I was just thinking, I've been a member of TBN for about 3 years now and have thoroughly enjoyed it. This is a special place on the web, for sure.

I had a thought, perhaps it's been mentioned before, if so, I apologize, but I'd like to hear your opinion.

I was wondering if it would be a good idea for our tractor dealerships to post in their place of business a list of their customers who are also members of TBN. This would only be done by permission and the TBN members would be listed by their TBN username.

The benefit for TBN is that it will help spread the word about what a great place this is and help to bring in even more knowledgeable people. I believe the dealer could play up the relationship as well. For instance: "The following members of TractorByNet, The Leading Compact Tractor Community are regular patrons of XYZ Equipment". The benefit for each of us is that we might have a better chance to get to know our TBN neighbors.

Perhaps, if a dealership even had enough TBN members as customers, they might have a "TBN Member Day" to attract local TBN members to their dealership to see the latest models, etc. Coffee...donuts...balloons....who know?

It might even facilitate a "friendly loaner/rental/exchange" of implements among local TBN members.

I'm sure there's legal issues here I'm completely ignorant about, but I thought it just might be a way for many of us to help promote our local dealers and TractorByNet.

Any comments or ideas?

~Rick

/ Tractor Dealer/TBN Membership. Good idea or bad? #2  
I think that sounds like a great idea but only after the dealer becomes an advertiser on TBN. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Tractor Dealer/TBN Membership. Good idea or bad? #3  
I dont think TBN membership size is to that point yet. probably in the future, I have been here for almost two years and it has more than doubled (but how many have visited in the last year?)

When a person can walk into a dealer and sign up (like a gun dealer/gun range with NRA membership) we will become a recognized voice.

<font color="red"> ****NOW IF EVERY MEMBER WAS MAILED (NO E-MAILS WITH PICS) A TBN SHIRT AND HAT WITH INSTRUCTIONS TO WEAR TO AS MANY REDNECK FUNCTIONS AS POSSIBLE, THEN THE WORD WILL GET OUT!***** </font>