Shop glasses

/ Shop glasses #11  
I buy all my reading glasses at the $ tree & yes they are only $1.04 with tax. I bend the part that goes around the ears . that usually keeps them tight enough they don't fall down

/ Shop glasses
I will look into the DeWalts. I've tried all the drugstore reading glasses and none of them work for me when working under a vehicle/tractor/misc. project. But I'm seriously going to give the goggles I showed above a try. I'll look mighty geeky but at least I won't be throwing things and cussing like a sailor (or the Citadel graduate that I am)!

/ Shop glasses #13  
Sounds like what I went through ten years ago in an effort to avoid the ultimate trip to the optomatrist. That is when I found out distance vision needed correction as well and they custom fitted a nice pair of safety glasses that I wear full time without slipping regardless of sweat and angle of my head. Best thing is I now longer feel guilty when hitting the grinder to tune up the TIG tungsten and I can see my weld through the helmet lens without changing anything. Ten years later I do not even know they are there except when coming in from the cold....:laughing:

/ Shop glasses #14  
I feel your pain!!
Being a pistol shooter I was ready to give up the sport because I couldn't line up my sights anymore. When both sights turned into fuzzy globs I talked to my eye Doc. The answer was Multi-Focal contact lenses. They have 3 focal points in the lens and your brain figures out what you are trying to look at. I now can see both front and rear sights on the gun and line up the target. Also great for doing those repair jobs where you end up in a position that is impossible to see with any type of glasses.
Because these are contacts YOU MUST WEAR SAFTEY GLASSES/GOGGLES to keep the crud out of your eyes when wooking on any job that will have loose stuff flying around!!

/ Shop glasses
Gary, my distance vision is starting to fade too. So yes, its time for a trip to the optometrist or ophthalmologist. Do you happen to have a picture of those?

/ Shop glasses #16  
Sure do! :D

(I am having a painful night and trying to distract so therefore the smart arse. I can photo tomorrow/later today when wife is awake and upload- nothing special like aviator/shooting wrap around the ears frames- just fitted well to my cockeyed head.):laughing:

Optometrist / Ophthalmology

Attachments

• 220px-OD_and_patient.jpg
    220px-OD_and_patient.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 79
  • 250px-Geraet_beim_Optiker.jpg
    250px-Geraet_beim_Optiker.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 93
   / Shop glasses #17  
There are also bifocal contact lenses. I just tried a pair along with the brand of contacts I normally wear. I went to the eye doc and my eyes had actually improved a bit so he changed the prescription. This really helped me see the front sight. :thumbsup: Rear sights were a bit fuzzy but I did more than well enough during qualifications to pass. :D Dropped points had nothing to do with eyesight. :eek: Which is good I suppose. :)

I did not order the bifocal lenses though. They worked but I still had to wear reading glasses. :eek:

Funny, but I don't have a problem with my dollar store reading glasses falling off, which goes to show how different we really are.

I will have to look for the Dewalt safety glasses. Those would be much safer when working under the truck/tractor than reading glasses. They would also might work during range time. :D

Later,
Dan

/ Shop glasses #18  
Local hardware stores sell safety glasses that have a small reading glass magnifier in them like the Dewalts for $5.

Ken

/ Shop glasses #19  
I had lasik done in 2003 and the dr stresses before the surgery that i would still need glasses I still did it and use bifocal safety glasses barely any in the top reading in the bottom of the lenses.

for sun glasses I use theses optx 2020's stick on magnifiers.

stick-on-bifocals.jpg

safetyglassesusa_2202_156253233

Optx 20/20 Stick On Bifocal Lenses

i even have them in my motor cycle visor

tom

/ Shop glasses #20  
i wear a set of dressed up coke bottle ends in some metal frames. ants scatter if they sense I am going to look at the ground :)

I get a new pair about every 2ys or so.. when I do, the old pair is relegated to be the 'work' glasses.. i waer this inthe shop.. and know they fit good..e tc.

usually get another 2ys of use out of them that way, till the new ones are old.. and the old ones are beat

soundguy

I'm 48 and my near vision has tanked. I keep reading glasses all over the house, in my car, in the bathroom, etc. Most folks over 40 know what I'm talking about. And yes, that's frustrating enough.

But what is killing me is doing mechanical/shop work. Any time I have to lean over, or look under something, my glasses slide up off my nose. Its driving me nuts and makes some fairly simple shop tasks very difficult.

Anyone know any tricks or tips for this? Are there prescription or magnifying (like reading glasses) shop glasses? Do they have a strap to hold them in place? Very interested how the rest of you deal with presbyopia in a shop setting.