Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from?

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from?
Man, does that ever sound like me. Our septic tank has an overflow alarm, and I have to almost be standing next to it before I hear it. Everyone else in the house can hear it but me.

Let me get this straight....A SEPTIC TANK with an overflow alarm? You have a septic tank INDOORS?

Not likely, so I assume you meant one of two other things:

1: A basement SUMP PUMP pit with an overflow alarm.

OR

2: A basement BATHROOM SEWAGE PUMP PIT with an overflow alarm.

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from? #12  
Reminds me of the time I was sitting at the auto glass repair shop waiting on a windshield repair, and their power was out. They had a generator running out back. The manager decided he should check the oil in the running engine and opened it up to check it, which spit out oil onto the exhaust and caused a big amount of smoke, so he turns off the generator. A little later, the UPS in the office starts to beep, which had been plugged into the generator. The same manager, starts looking for the beeping sound and had no clue. At this point he's now disconnecting printers, etc.. and finally turns off the power to the UPS (He called it the battery), and the beeping stopped. Course he also turned off their computer, the only thing they really needed running in a power outage, hence the generator which he had already killed. The lady using the computer had a few choice names for the manager. :laughing:

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from? #13  
The wife claims she can't or didn't hear me more times than I can tell ya. Then earlier this week we were using a laser level over 300 feet from her and she says "what the heck keeps beeping". Makes me wonder just what she has heard over the past 40 years...:eek:

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from? #14  
Let me get this straight....A SEPTIC TANK with an overflow alarm? You have a septic tank INDOORS?

OR

I have had a similar setup of a septic tank with alarm, it was actually a 2 tank system, with 1 being the pumping tank. If the pump fails, then a high level alarm sounds so you don't overflow the tank. only time my alarm came on was after a week long power outage and i didn't have that pump circuit
on the generator back up. changed it after that though.

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from? #15  

OR

OR

How about a sump pump in the septic tank (last chamber) or the aerator motor First chamber.

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from?
OR

How about a sump pump in the septic tank (last chamber) or the aerator motor First chamber.

Since when did septic tanks go high tech? :laughing: I have never known one to be any type but a tank that collects waste and works by itself.

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from? #17  
mine was on an engineered system, lived on a lake, so
we had to pump effluent up to a leach type bed that
was on the upper part of the property to keep separation
from the well (which was close to the lake).

but it worked well, and it was still somewhat of a standard
leach system, just fed with the pump from that 2nd pump
tank.

/ Where is that BLEEPING BEEPING coming from? #18  
The aerobic septic systems have been around for years. Not real high tech. The aerator motor is control by timer in the house, This puts more O2 for the bacteria to do their thing. That last chamber then has a regular sump pump. The water coming out can be pumped to a leach field or to day light. At the time I built (12 years ago) that was what the pert test showed and county wanted.
Dave