How many people do you personally know out of work.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #1  

powerpace

Veteran Member
Tractor
09' Kubota b3200HST
How many do you know and why you think that each individual is not working.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #2  
How many do you know and why you think that each individual is not working.

Personally dont know anyone out of work that wonts to work,just the dead beats that are to lazy to get off couch that live with momma and dropped out of college. But around here if you wonna work its out there,my not be what you like doing but its a check...

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #3  
I know a few seasonal guys waiting for the frost to go out. Help wanted sign everywhere. The problem is the good workers went to the North Dakota oil patch.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #4  
I don't know anybody that is out of work that wants to get a job. I'm retired and am not looking for a job as I have plenty to do at the ranch.:thumbsup:

Every so often there is an article in the local paper about someone out of work who wants a job like they use to have at the same high salary.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #5  
The only people I know out of work either don't want to work, want a hand out, or can't pass a drug test.

Now we do have some good people working jobs that are what they can get verse what they want to do or are trained/Qualified for. A lot of homebuilder types are working at other jobs, like home depot.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #6  
And we have been like this for the last 4 or 5 years. I know other parts of the country had it bad, my family in MN did, but we weathered the last few years without it getting to bad.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #7  
Out of the ones I know that are retired. I know 2 that are physically/ medically challenged. Out of 2 others, 1 is my BIL who got laid off from the Barnett shale gas rigs, he has been doing "odd" jobs and on occasion I hire him when I need an extra hand. The last one is a Lazy sob.

I probably know more that HAVE jobs, that really aren't worth a darn, no work ethic. I would have more respect for a burger flipper that takes his job seriously, than a guy in a cubical that pushes million dollar deals with no work ethics. Basically, the job doesn't "make the man" IMO, but will concede that it usually takes Ethics to get to that million dollar cubical, usually.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #8  
I know several who are underemployed or retired earlier than they wanted and some recent grads who have had harder than usual times finding jobs they wanted.

At the same time I also know of several employers who have opening and have not been able to find people who will be dependable and reliable.

The job situation has really changed from what it was.

I've personally never been without a job since I was 17 years old. I'm not counting all the years before that when I worked for my family in their business.

Almost every job I ever got was from somebody who I knew and who just hired me. Except for the first job out of college, I did apply cold turkey on that and got it.

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #9  
Going to be a total dispresal of a dairy barn so this Thursday will be 6 adults looking for work then loss of mileage for the milk truck driver. the feed truck driver. loss of income for the feed mill. Tractor sales and equiptment sales.
The banker got tired of interest income wanted more to be applied to principle.
didn't care who was involved.
ken

/ How many people do you personally know out of work. #10  
I know of one guy directly.

A bunch of others have been laid off over the last month or so. Most with jobs going overseas. I do not directly know those people. Thankfully.

I know of others laid off years ago that found work but at much reduced pay and benefits.

The wifey is out of work because the housing market collapsed.

Later,
Dan