Formula 1 baby

/ Formula 1 baby #21  
Stan Fox perhaps for the Indy 500 wreck in 1995? I guess he did recieve bad head injouries, but his legs were not hurt.

This link is interesting in the morbid racing way, mentions several bad wrecks and one driver's thoughts as his brakes failed and headed for the wall, and pics of Stan Fox in 95 at Indy 500 the bottom of the page?

Indy car, 1996

--->Paul

/ Formula 1 baby #23  
I followed F1 racing for years, and in the 1970's I worded as a pit marshal when they were held at Watkins Glen. No pit speed limit back then and the sound of the 12 cylinder Matra screaming down pit lane at 12,000 RPM still rings in my ear.

Worked in the pit next to Arturo Missario the only independent team in racing at the time. I still remember this little Italian with the BIG White Stetson hat.

/ Formula 1 baby
Worked in the pit next to Arturo Missario the only independent team in racing at the time. I still remember this little Italian with the BIG White Stetson hat.

Hahaha. I love the Italian sense of style. You should see some of the pics of Flavio! Ha ha ha. Oh well, his wife is beautiful.....:confused:

/ Formula 1 baby #25  
i just finished watching the movie Senna. excellent movie with some great race footage.

/ Formula 1 baby #27  
I was always a NASCAR fan. Ten years ago I got a chance to see the F1 race in Indy. In a suite. It was the BP suite so I had a chance to get close to Ralph Schumacher. Funny story, his " handlers" came in beforehand and told us that he spoke softly and he would not answer any questions. Having been in several VIP NASCAR suites I thought it was strange. Those guys always gave the fans a few Q&A minutes. Long story short, he did speak very softly and was in and out in a couple minutes. The impressive part to me was the standing start with those engines turning at huge RPMs. That was when I wished I had bought the 10 dollar earplugs. Haha

Chuck

/ Formula 1 baby #28  
Ralf crashed hard at Indy in 2004.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFok-lJLhe8]Ralf Schumacher Crash live - YouTube[/ame]

Here he passed Rubens in a unique way, right at the start in Australia. Look at the launch he gets when his back tires are hooked up on top of Rubens' back tires.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0k2tZqUr_k]Ralf Schumacher crash in Melbourne with Rubens Barichello 2002 - YouTube[/ame]