Formula 1 baby

/ Formula 1 baby #1  

jimmyj

Elite Member
Tractor
Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe
Hey, I love F1 racing. Now I am a NASCAR fan too but F1 is my true passion. Anybody else here into the F1?

(Just for you Short Game!)

/ Formula 1 baby #2  
Hey, I love F1 racing. Now I am a NASCAR fan too but F1 is my true passion. Anybody else here into the F1?

(Just for you Short Game!)

I tape most of the races and watch them without commercials. I pretty much catch any F1 program on the tube, just to keep up with the tech and details. I've always been an open wheel fan, since listening to the Indy 500 on the radio with my mom every year when I was a little kid. American open wheel got so mucked up when Tony George said it was his football and started the IRL. I was a Champ Car fan. Now everyone drives the same basic car. F1 has so much more going for it with the varied constructors.

That said, it was a good race down under. I have been a McLaren fan so it was a good race for me. Seeing Ferrari struggle doesn't exactly break my heart, especially Fernando. I can see this season being a good one, with Red Bull still in the mix and Mercedes getting it together. There are some other contenders as well.

Anyway, F1 is my version of fiddling while Rome burns. Nobody's perfect.

/ Formula 1 baby #3  
I'm more of a Nascar fan, but I try to catch the F1 races. Saw about 1/2 of the openning race, fell asleep due to the time slot. Wonder if the race in Texas will actually happen, the folks in charge of F1 are a rather slippery bunch, like to play their money games, that doesn't go well in the USA... F1 really hurt itself with that mess of a race where the tires didn't hold up, while the races are interesting, I think management of F1 is more suited to the mid-eastern countries with wealth & snobs.

Used to watch Indy, but when they split into 2 groups I lost intrest, and now they don't seem to ever be on a 'real' channel so have totally lost touch with the Indy people. Without Danica to intrest the general media a fad, wonder if we'll hear anything of them at all?

--->Paul

/ Formula 1 baby #4  
I never caught the "bug", but drive by Texas Motor Speedway all the time 30 miles from the house (load as He$$). I have a few younger friends that go more for the "eye" candy though. I like The drag races if I had to pick one, at least that way I'm not always looking at the proverbial "left" turn thingy.

My neighbor on the other hand, would miss his funeral if the races are going on.

/ Formula 1 baby
I actually watch just about any motor racing I can find. We have a PVR now and I just love it.

I like how F1 has gone now due to the mix of possible contenders. I used to watch that show "Pinks" all of the time, it was cool too.

I'm rooting for Sebastian Vettel. I've liked him since he started. He's not arrogant as are some of the others. Button is a good man too. I think McLaren is going to be fastest this year unless Red Bull pulls something out. Ferrari better improve or head will roll.

It's nice to see Williams doing better also, and Lotus with Kimi. I am in an F1 racing fantasy league and while I've done well the last few years I'm a back marker this year so far!

I think Houston will be a go. If I can I want to go see the race. It'd be a blast.

/ Formula 1 baby #6  
Been an F1 fan since 1968 or about age 14 or so. Watch every race live on Speed.

HS

/ Formula 1 baby #7  
The State just moved the date of the annual Emergency Medical Services conference up a week as the F1 race in Austin is supposed to take place this year the weekend before Thanksgiving. Was a big pain as the conference has always been the same week for years and everyone schedules vacations in advance. The track and facilities are far from complete, will have to see if they finish in time. Reminds me of Texas Motor Speedway's first race, the parking lots were not finished, still bare dirt and grass. It rained, race was fine, spent the night pulling people out of the mud so they could go home.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/articles/march-track-progress

/ Formula 1 baby #8  
Love F1 but hardly ever get to watch it. Too cheap to buy a DVR.

xtn

/ Formula 1 baby #9  
Love F1 but hardly ever get to watch it. Too cheap to buy a DVR.

xtn
You know people are giving away nice VCR's for free these days?:confused2: ;)

I've been an F1 fan for almost 20 years now. I love the speed and the technology of the cars and how the (good) drivers manage to race as close as they do, in cars generating 3 and 4 g's in braking and cornering...

/ Formula 1 baby
I watch TOP GEAR (Brit version) and Hammond tried to drive and F1 car. He had a heck of a time controlling it. I bet it's harder than we realize.