Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers 616 (Two) and a Kioti CK30 HST with loader and backhoe

Default Formula 1 baby

Hey, I love F1 racing. Now I am a NASCAR fan too but F1 is my true passion. Anybody else here into the F1?

(Just for you Short Game!)
    God Bless our brave men, bring them home, safe again.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    LS R4010 & Cub Cadet 7300

Default Re: Formula 1 baby

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyj View Post
    Hey, I love F1 racing. Now I am a NASCAR fan too but F1 is my true passion. Anybody else here into the F1?

(Just for you Short Game!)
    I tape most of the races and watch them without commercials. I pretty much catch any F1 program on the tube, just to keep up with the tech and details. I've always been an open wheel fan, since listening to the Indy 500 on the radio with my mom every year when I was a little kid. American open wheel got so mucked up when Tony George said it was his football and started the IRL. I was a Champ Car fan. Now everyone drives the same basic car. F1 has so much more going for it with the varied constructors.

That said, it was a good race down under. I have been a McLaren fan so it was a good race for me. Seeing Ferrari struggle doesn't exactly break my heart, especially Fernando. I can see this season being a good one, with Red Bull still in the mix and Mercedes getting it together. There are some other contenders as well.

Anyway, F1 is my version of fiddling while Rome burns. Nobody's perfect.
    The Corporate Empire is NOT a Constitutional Republic...
    ...but it plays one on TV.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 960, 7700, TW20, 1720; IHC H, 300; Ollie S77

I'm more of a Nascar fan, but I try to catch the F1 races. Saw about 1/2 of the openning race, fell asleep due to the time slot. Wonder if the race in Texas will actually happen, the folks in charge of F1 are a rather slippery bunch, like to play their money games, that doesn't go well in the USA... F1 really hurt itself with that mess of a race where the tires didn't hold up, while the races are interesting, I think management of F1 is more suited to the mid-eastern countries with wealth & snobs.

Used to watch Indy, but when they split into 2 groups I lost intrest, and now they don't seem to ever be on a 'real' channel so have totally lost touch with the Indy people. Without Danica to intrest the general media a fad, wonder if we'll hear anything of them at all?

--->Paul

Tractor
    Kioti DK 35 now

I never caught the "bug", but drive by Texas Motor Speedway all the time 30 miles from the house (load as He$$). I have a few younger friends that go more for the "eye" candy though. I like The drag races if I had to pick one, at least that way I'm not always looking at the proverbial "left" turn thingy.

My neighbor on the other hand, would miss his funeral if the races are going on.
    Dennis

"Winter 2013 a majority of the country is setting new cold records, Colorado is setting new record HIGH's"

"If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you."

Tractor

I actually watch just about any motor racing I can find. We have a PVR now and I just love it.

I like how F1 has gone now due to the mix of possible contenders. I used to watch that show "Pinks" all of the time, it was cool too.

I'm rooting for Sebastian Vettel. I've liked him since he started. He's not arrogant as are some of the others. Button is a good man too. I think McLaren is going to be fastest this year unless Red Bull pulls something out. Ferrari better improve or head will roll.

It's nice to see Williams doing better also, and Lotus with Kimi. I am in an F1 racing fantasy league and while I've done well the last few years I'm a back marker this year so far!

I think Houston will be a go. If I can I want to go see the race. It'd be a blast.

Tractor
    Kubota L3800, Kubota GR2120, Kubota RTV1100, Kubota 5100sc

Been an F1 fan since 1968 or about age 14 or so. Watch every race live on Speed.

HS

Tractor
    NH Boomer 8N, NH TC40DA

The State just moved the date of the annual Emergency Medical Services conference up a week as the F1 race in Austin is supposed to take place this year the weekend before Thanksgiving. Was a big pain as the conference has always been the same week for years and everyone schedules vacations in advance. The track and facilities are far from complete, will have to see if they finish in time. Reminds me of Texas Motor Speedway's first race, the parking lots were not finished, still bare dirt and grass. It rained, race was fine, spent the night pulling people out of the mud so they could go home.

http://circuitoftheamericas.com/arti...track-progress
    Randy

NH Boomer 8N, 6' Squealer Rotary Cutter
    NH TC40DA, 16LA FEL, Red Master II Harrow
    Land Pride 6' Tiller, 7' Landscape Rake
    2008 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    2003 GMC 2500HD 4X4 6.6 Duramax, Allison
    Big Tex 12GP 20' GN trailer
    Cub Cadet RZT 50"

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    New Holland Boomer 50

Love F1 but hardly ever get to watch it. Too cheap to buy a DVR.

xtn

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK40SE HST

Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    Love F1 but hardly ever get to watch it. Too cheap to buy a DVR.

xtn
    You know people are giving away nice VCR's for free these days?

I've been an F1 fan for almost 20 years now. I love the speed and the technology of the cars and how the (good) drivers manage to race as close as they do, in cars generating 3 and 4 g's in braking and cornering...
    2011 DK40SE HST

Tractor

I watch TOP GEAR (Brit version) and Hammond tried to drive and F1 car. He had a heck of a time controlling it. I bet it's harder than we realize.

Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast