TSC Job Smart air compressor

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #1  

RichZ

Veteran Member
White Creek, New York, Washington County, on the V
Tractor
Kubota 4630 with cab and loader
TSC has a Job Smart 26 gallon vertical air compressor for $199.00. That's the regular price, but they have coupons frequently. It's not an oil free compressor, so it might not be a bad compressor. Does anyone have any experience with this compressor? Sorry, I couldn't get a link to it to work.

Thanks for any info.

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #4  
Its only 4 cfm at 90 psi, not for impact tools.

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #5  
I got one last fall when they were on sale, it work's ok for what I use it for. It will run air tools and stuff. What I like about it you can wheel it to where you need it instead of dragging a long air hose. If your going to run a die grinder or DA sander, then you want something alot bigger. Mine runs a die grinder fine for what I do most of the time.

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #6  
Yep, 4 CFM is OK for impact tools if you don't need to run them very long continuously. For most "homeowner" type work, such as changing a car or pickup tire, no problem.

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #7  
I bought the kobalt 30 gallon one and its the next model up from jobsmart. still runs nice and quiet. since it has twin compressor, it doesnt seem have to work hard to catch up when using heavy duty tools for a DIY'er like myself.

The jobsmart model price does look attractive if all you are doing is changing tires, paint touchups, small air grinding/cutting tools. If you want to use a air drill, sander, you will be just listening to it run all the time and getting hot.

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #8  
Yup

If I use another zip from a bigger town, then it is 199, but I guess that is what I get for living here

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #9  
Yep, 4 CFM is OK for impact tools if you don't need to run them very long continuously. For most "homeowner" type work, such as changing a car or pickup tire, no problem.

4 cfm won't run my half inch IR impact. no cojones.

/ TSC Job Smart air compressor #10  
On the subject of what will run what -
I've a Makita 2400, 4.2CFM@90PSI.
I've some equipment I'd like to sandblast and spray paint. Everybody I've talked to tells me that it won't work.
All I want to do is blast a little, sip a beverage, blast a little, repeat. I'm not trying to do an 8 hour hard working job. Right now I've only a few things that need rust spots touched up on.

What would the TBN community advise for tools? Would something cheap from Harbor Freight or Northern Tools work?