Goober is gone...

/ Goober is gone... #11  
:( R.I.P. Goober

I love the Andy Griffith Show. Have the whole series on DVD.

/ Goober is gone... #12  
RIP...

Those TV shows where back when nearly everything was PG rated on the tube.

Good, clean, funny shows that are almost classics now.

/ Goober is gone... #13  
He actually shot Matt Dillon in gunsmoke.

mark

/ Goober is gone... #14  
RIP...

Those TV shows where back when nearly everything was PG rated on the tube.

Good, clean, funny shows that are almost classics now.

Heck, I don't think they were even PG, more like G.

It is a shame that so much on the major networks today is just scat. They cannot write comedy that is at best PG13 or more likely R rated. The Andy Griffith Show was so funny and pretty much timeless without cuss works and s...x. Anyone could watch it and get a laugh. AND the show did not preach at the viewer.

The networks wonder why they are loosing viewers.....

Later,
Dan

/ Goober is gone...
Ya, why can't they be as funny as Lucy, without being rude and crude...

Heck, I don't think they were even PG, more like G.

It is a shame that so much on the major networks today is just scat. They cannot write comedy that is at best PG13 or more likely R rated. The Andy Griffith Show was so funny and pretty much timeless without cuss works and s...x. Anyone could watch it and get a laugh. AND the show did not preach at the viewer.

/ Goober is gone... #17  
Bet your right Dan, come to think of it, did they even have ratings then other than "R"?? I dont remember any except for the adult driven stuff.

Old comedy was good , original work that probably wouldn't do good now on primetime. I Love Lucy as mentioned, along with many others (F Troop, Gomer Pyle and of coarse Gilligans island, M.A.S.H.), Heck even the newer stuff like Bob Newhart, Cheers had some good clean humor.

/ Goober is gone... #18  
The places mentioned in the show that I can remember, besides Mayberry of course was Mount Pilot(not Pilot Mountain which is the real name), Raleigh, and Siler City. I don't remember Fancy Gap. Pilot Mountain is just down the road from Mayberry, errr, Mount Airy. :laughing:

I never understood why they used Siler City since it is not close to Mayberry, errr, Mount Airy. Andy went to school at UNC Chapel Hill which is sorta near Siler City. But there are towns much closer to Chapel Hill or Mt Airy that he would have been familiar. I would love to know why Siler City was used so often.

Later,
Dan

Fancy Gap is mentioned in a show when andy and barney are going to visit the darlings.
I used to have all the shows on my DVR until the hard drive went out.....

Our boy scouts went rock climbing on Pilot Mt last year. I stay in Mt. Airy sometimes when passing thru that way. They have Aunt Bee's restraunt, and downtown is floyds barber shop. Stop at the Mayberry inn, they have andy's squad car parked out front.

Attachments

• andyscar.jpg
    andyscar.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 86
  • andyscar2.jpg
    andyscar2.jpg
    61.2 KB · Views: 106
   / Goober is gone... #19  
The places mentioned in the show that I can remember, besides Mayberry of course was Mount Pilot(not Pilot Mountain which is the real name), Raleigh, and Siler City. I don't remember Fancy Gap. Pilot Mountain is just down the road from Mayberry, errr, Mount Airy. :laughing:

I never understood why they used Siler City since it is not close to Mayberry, errr, Mount Airy. Andy went to school at UNC Chapel Hill which is sorta near Siler City. But there are towns much closer to Chapel Hill or Mt Airy that he would have been familiar. I would love to know why Siler City was used so often.

Later,
Dan

Fancy Gap is mentioned in a show (17)when andy and barney are going to visit the darlings (Mr. Darling = Denver Pyle, AKA Jesse Duke) or looking for a still.

Our boy scouts went rock climbing on Pilot Mt last year. I stay in Mt. Airy sometimes when passing thru that way. They have Aunt Bee's restraunt, and downtown is floyds barber shop. Stop at the Mayberry inn, they have andy's squad car parked out front. You can eat at the bluebird diner downtown.

read on wikipedia that mayberry was named for mayberry VA, about 20 miles away.

/ Goober is gone... #20  
Fancy Gap is mentioned in a show (17)when andy and barney are going to visit the darlings (Mr. Darling = Denver Pyle, AKA Jesse Duke) or looking for a still.

I was wonder if Fancy Gap was with the Darlings. I like the Darlings. :thumbsup:

When I first scouted the land we now live on I found an spot that had a still once upon a time. I found the top of an old clay jug. As soon as we bought the place I took the clay jug top home. :laughing: It looks EXACTLY like the jug that the Darling Father plays.

Every time I look at the jug I think of the spot where I found the jug, wonder about the jugs history and that still as well as think of the Darlings playing music. :D:D:D

Later,
Dan