Rugged iphone cases

/ Rugged iphone cases #1  

DT86

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota
I know there have been a few threads about how little some folks use their cell but I use mine for everything from email, checking the local radar during hay season and calling the GF to order lunch. :licking:

I don't have a iphone as of yet, but I am eligible for a upgrade and know good and well I'll need a good case. It needs to stand up to everyday abuse on the farm such as dust, moisture and even a few hundred drops onto hard surfaces. The more I search online the more choices I find and the more confused my little mind gets.

So does anyone have any experience with any of these or others. And what are your thoughts about them? I know they are all expensive but so is a new iphone.

Griffin Technology

Lifeproof

Otterbox Defender

/ Rugged iphone cases #2  
Never used the first two, but its pretty hard to beat the otterbox. Used them on the last three phones. None have had a scratch on them after years of abuse. Not cheap, but as in most other things you get what you pay for.

/ Rugged iphone cases #3  
I have the Otterbox Defender. I got it when I got an iphone 4s about 3 months back. It seems to be a very tough case. I have dropped my phone a couple of times without any damage to the phone or the case. Like you said they are not cheap but neither are the phones.

/ Rugged iphone cases #4  
Check Amazon.com for any cell phone accessories. I just ordered two chargers for my IPod 2 cords and AC chargers for $7.96 + free shipping. Awhile back I bought accessories kit for our cells. Car charger, hard case, soft belt case and window protectors this was $6.35 per set + free shipping. The quality is decent and at these prices you can buy a spare and still save $$$ over phone store prices.

/ Rugged iphone cases
Wow those responses were fast, must be raining where yall are too!

Check Amazon.com for any cell phone accessories.

I hear ya, my buddy got his Otterbox Defender on Amazon for $20!

/ Rugged iphone cases #6  
I'm all for the Otter Box. I've had them on 3 BlackBerry's. Very nice case. No damage at all to the phones even after the beating I give them.

Solo

/ Rugged iphone cases #7  
Same here on Otterbox. I have had it on my iPhone for a year.

It has been dropped and in pocket with keys and coins. Very rugged. It makes the iphone a larger footprint in your pocket or hand, but you can feel safe with it on your iphone.

/ Rugged iphone cases #8  
I also recommend the Otterbox. My son (16) broke his screen within 3 months of getting the phone. He just had a normal back case. We got the screen fixed and got him the Otterbox. He didn't like it as it is larger and "not cool". But, it works and so far so good on damage to the phone.

16 year old boys are not known for their care in handling things or their ability to avoid dumb things.:)

MoKelly

/ Rugged iphone cases #9  
I also recommend the Otterbox. My son (16) broke his screen within 3 months of getting the phone. He just had a normal back case. We got the screen fixed and got him the Otterbox. He didn't like it as it is larger and "not cool". But, it works and so far so good on damage to the phone.

16 year old boys are not known for their care in handling things or their ability to avoid dumb things.:)

MoKelly

Not known for buying their own phones either lol!:)

/ Rugged iphone cases #10  
I had the griffen case. That thing was a beast! It fully enclosed the phone and provided covers for every outlet on it. It sealed so well you had to remove the bottom plug to hear the speaker. I dont think you could damage the phone by dropping it from reasonable heights (from the top of the sears tower? Sure.)
However the big complaint I had and why i quit using it is it makes the phone twice a thick and maybe a half inch to an inch longer and wider. The rubber coating that makes it so easy to hold on to also makes it pull everything out of you pocket when you remove it.