Victim gets even

/ Victim gets even #21  
It was reported that it worked so well the first time that the car had an accident.

Lawsuit waiting to happen!

I grew up in a subdivision. There was a house situated on a curve that had their mail box hit a lot of times by people going too fast and running up in the yard. Guy sunk a piece of well casing full of concrete in the ground. 2 weeks later, car hit it, person was hurt, guy lost everything, including the house.

/ Victim gets even #22  
Lawsuit waiting to happen!

I grew up in a subdivision. There was a house situated on a curve that had their mail box hit a lot of times by people going too fast and running up in the yard. Guy sunk a piece of well casing full of concrete in the ground. 2 weeks later, car hit it, person was hurt, guy lost everything, including the house.

Yup that is probably right all over the country its the same here my neighbors house 5 doors down is dead square in the middle of a county blacktop curve. And there used to be an outdoor party spot out here and some drunk was always ending up in his yard tearing things up.

So he does the same thing and sinks chunks of drill collars (real real heavy 10-12" oil well drill stem weights) in about 6' and sticking out about 4'. He got told by DOT and county sheriff to pull them. So he put in a big chain link fence with pretty stout post every 4' or so and a berm as far as I know there hasn't been any incidents with that so he is glad I am sure.

/ Victim gets even #23  
There was an episode of "CSI" a few years back that started with a pair of teens in a convertible smashing into a tree. As the story unfolded, it turned out that a farmer was so tired of having his mailbox vandalized he rigged up a quick-remove concrete filled box, and the kids had tried to bash his box and ended up smashing the car. He was caught and prosecuted. As much as I hate vandalism of any kind, it IS illegal to have something solid and heavy as a mailbox.

/ Victim gets even #24  
I have a friend thats a farmer. He has a large mail bax that goes infront of his mail box. The big box is a Parcel box. It had been hit several times on the weekends. One week He stuck a HyCycle boom in the decorative block on the house. He ordered one from the brickyard in NC he did busines with. The carrier put it in the parcel box and he didnt get home till about 11 pm. At 1230 that night some kids batted it and destroyed the block and box. he did find the bat and a window. Just found the local teen missing the windlw. He called the law and and got it cleared. THe next time it happened a few years ago he had ordered a new chem pump and the new kids bashed it.

/ Victim gets even #25  
If the game is hitting the box from a moving car ... A speed bump or pot hole in front of the box is a game changer. Doesn't bother the delivery person

/ Victim gets even #26  
There was an episode of "CSI" a few years back that started with a pair of teens in a convertible smashing into a tree. As the story unfolded, it turned out that a farmer was so tired of having his mailbox vandalized he rigged up a quick-remove concrete filled box, and the kids had tried to bash his box and ended up smashing the car. He was caught and prosecuted. As much as I hate vandalism of any kind, it IS illegal to have something solid and heavy as a mailbox.

We had a neighbor that took a old boiler that was about 12 ft long. He sunk about 6 ft into the ground, filled it with crete. He cut a shelf into the road side, with a door. He had it up about a month, before the county made him take it down.

/ Victim gets even #27  
Neighbour keep getting his hit by two kids I knew, Dave and Jeff who hit all the mailboxes from a moving truck hanging from the roll bar. Neighbour replaced his box with a 1/4" plate one and set the post in cement. That weekend Dave was swinging while Jeff was the support staff egging him on. The bat bounced off the box and swung back and nailed Jeff in the, hmm, reproductive organs at high speed.

Not sure if it was related but shortly after that Jeff committed suicide. Dave is actually a somewhat respectable adult now who teaches school.

/ Victim gets even #28  
I've only lost one..but then I'm on a major highway. Gaurd rail starts just past the mail box post. Car took the gaurrail square on, did a flip and roll. Guy crawls out says "Iwoke up just in time to watch it happen" not damaged.

Puzzler was how he got the mailbox but didnt' touch the post. Bit of CSI and the answer was he got the box with the passenger side mirror.

Also had to replace the prior one after the 2nd time the bus driver knocked it off backign into thedrive to turn around (end of her route). I called the school bus garage and lodged a complaint. This was middleof winter andthe first question they asked was "how wide is the drive and is it plowed..

My answer cured the problem...probably permanently "It is a three car drive and cleared of snow all three lanes."

I hope the driver got at least some remedial training :)

Harry K

/ Victim gets even #29  
Also had to replace the prior one after the 2nd time the bus driver knocked it off backing into the drive to turn around (end of her route).
I remember when I was 11. Our bus driver, (A guy) was sliding on the icy roads. As soon as he pulled out the school parking lot and got onto the road he immediately slammed the side of the school bus into the 3 mail boxes.

:laughing: I was laughing the whole time. He stopped the bus and got out and personally went up to each house to notify and apologize for each mail box.

He had the foul mouth of a sailor the whole trip home. :laughing:

I had never heard him talk that way for the 3 years I rode his bus. That is until that day.

Chad

/ Victim gets even #30  
Back in 03 I bought my portable welder and I was doing a job on a farm. The farmer came to ask me if i could do a little welding job on the road. I went to look at it. His 15 year old son was going down the new road in a 4430 JD tractor with a trailed chisel plow. It wa folded up and he was meeting a car. He eased over and one of the shanks snagged a mail box an post. It broke the hitch in the plow. Turns out when the county moved the road their was an old center pivot post. The county used it for a mailbox stand. The 4430 left black paw marks in the pavement.