Turning folks down.

/ Turning folks down. #21  
Jerks, clearly. Is this my sister by any chance??:mur:

/ Turning folks down. #22  
I generally just tell people like that their job is at the top of the list, but the list is at the bottom of the pile . And I work from top to bottom .

/ Turning folks down. #23  
My favorite word is "no". Just ask my kids. I've gotten darn good at using it after all of these years...flows off the tongue like butter. You can usually tell a "problem " customer pretty quick. I just say no.

/ Turning folks down. #24  
My favorite word is "no". Just ask my kids. I've gotten darn good at using it after all of these years...flows off the tongue like butter. You can usually tell a "problem " customer pretty quick. I just say no.

That was my moms favorite word when I was kid. I'd always ask for things in the store. Every time the answer would be no. I'd still sneak candy and my favorite cereal in the cart while she wasn't looking.

Sometimes I got away with it. Sometimes not. lol

Chad

/ Turning folks down. #25  

I got a chuckle of that that and it reminded me of someone who learned to say "no" in almost any language so they could sometimes say "no" in all those languages to drive home the point. :)

/ Turning folks down.
After seeing them today I looked at my friend that was riding with me and he could tell that I wasnt serious about doing it. I told him next time I ll tell them that I could get to it sometimes between now and and when HLL freezes over. They asked me how many more jobs I had to do and I just told them about 15. Im trying to focus my business on site clean up and stormwater and erosion control. a few less headaches and smells alot better. Im just ot going to do them and just keep putting them off.

/ Turning folks down. #27  
Try being in the air conditioning business...in Texas. People will really take advantage of others if you let them. I was popular when I was younger and before I realized that the favors were almost never returned. But almost weekly I have someone wanting me to fix something for free or a small token....crap, r-22 refrigerant has quadrupled in price in the last year it has gone up from 70.00 /30lbs to 380-400.00 for 30 lbs wholesale cost...before I mark it up a cent....add the cost of copper,silver solder,etc and HVAC is becoming a rich mans luxury that I cannot afford to give away. My mother is/was the worlds worst at trying to farm me out to her friends.

/ Turning folks down. #28  
I've got the opposite problem. I wish my neighbors took me up on my hospitality more. Everybody in the neighborhood is sincerely generous. Once in a while, I'll borrow one neighbor's wood splitter (and toss some wood his way when I return it to say thanks). My tiller was in the shop this spring, and I borrowed another neighbor's tiller to get my garden in before the rain came. I have a bunch of equipment... heck now I've got a tractor... and I wish they would turn up at my doorstep some time asking to borrow something so I could repay the favor, but they never do. Once, I heard one neighbor start to mow, then stop, then start cussing at his mower. I figured it had broken, so I drove mine over and asked if he wanted to borrow it. I felt really good about it. But those opportunities hardly ever seem to come up. As nice as everybody has been to me, I'd love to return the favor, but they either don't seem to need it or, more likely, don't think to ask.

I don't expect anybody to come up with a solution for me... just saying.

/ Turning folks down. #29  
If I was in your situation, I would have turned them down too.

Chad