Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #201  
Um... dried 'possum..you bet.. Usn's hillbilly's eat that all the time down here in the Ozarks.:rolleyes: You know I saw a 'possum crawl out of a dead horse carcass one time.. and I have never longed for the taste of 'possum flesh. I have eaten groundhogs. Rabbits, Squirrels, I might eat a Raccoon, not sure on that one.. but I am gonna have to be pretty hungry to chow down on a 'possum. Oh.. no dogs or cats either (that I know of, I try to stay away from the Chinese places:shocked:) :D

James K0UA

That possum thing was Bob's idea :licking: I was just tryin' to be helpful.

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #202  
About 5 years ago, we gave our daughter-in-law one these: Cabela's: Cabela's Commercial Food Dehydrators

She is a vegetarian, so my reasoning was she could buy fresh fruits and veggies locally when they are at their best and dry them for storage. It has worked well for her and she makes various dried things with it pretty much problem free. On the pricey side, but I knew she would use it.

Another food preservation technique to consider is pickling. These work well: Home Goods | Barrels, Kegs and Crocks | German Fermenting Crocks - Lehmans.com

We gave her one these about 3 years ago and she has made pickles with it. They are good for sauerkraut too. Sauerkraut and possum sausage, how could you go wrong?

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #204  
This thread is dying from a lack of doom :laughing:

What is your most likely doomsday scenario, one that does not depend on science fiction or imaginary buttons and why?

Mine is a disaster based on human behavior driven by major political upheaval. A total breakdown of civility. Brigades would form, like The Palinistas or The Pelosi Squad - pick your boogey-person of choice. The military would split into factions and expand outward from their current large bases attempting to control major swathes of territory. It would result in a civil war as people take sides with one powerful faction or another. Federal and State governments would become immaterial in the conflict. Of course Mexico and Canada would be drawn into the conflict.

This is my most likely because it is closest to where we are now.

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #205  
yep.. civil breakdown.. perhaps after a natural or manmade disaster is a likely cause of local and short term 'doom'

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #206  
I posed the question to my wife. Her response was. I'm not going anywhere. Why. So I can get killed. We're staying right here and defending the perimeter. Shoot on sight. When the food stores give up then we make a choice.

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #207  
i live in kinda a rural-ish area and there is a walmart within scavenging distance.. ;)

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #208  
For some odd reason, this thread made me think of the movie "The book of Eli".

There is a part when the main character comes across an elderly couple out in the sticks......

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #209  
Martial law is what I dread the most. Whatever event causes that to be ordered could be major or minor, a huge storm, dirty bomb, power grid being damaged, terrorist attack, stock market crash, anything at all.

(read the latest exec order barry signed regarding martial law looks like they are planning this very thing...)

That will most likely start the civil war and the breakdown of society God help us. my .002

/ Hypothetical Doomsday Scenario #210  
For some odd reason, this thread made me think of the movie "The book of Eli".

There is a part when the main character comes across an elderly couple out in the sticks......

:laughing: OK, what the heck happens? :laughing: You can't post that sentence, ending with ...., and not tell us what happens! :D:D:D

Later,
Dan