Grid-tied solar

/ Grid-tied solar #501  
Were you trying to be sarcastic? We are not sure and would appreciate confirmation one way or the other.
That's not sarcastic, and exposing people to the truth is not controversial. It's enlightening. I'm one of Musk's biggest fans, I live just outside McGregor, if you are a fan you will know what I see daily. Nothing I posted is untrue, maybe not what you have been lead to believe, but not untrue. There was a 3000 post flushing this out, a few years ago. Interesting stuff, atmospheric gases may not even be the right science to study/explain cause/effect of global climate change, orbital science explains it far closer. I also am a fan of grid tied solar PV power, and have a bigger system planed for my new property. My motives are different and you should be interested that others are putting up solar for different reasons than maybe yours, and don't be surprised those systems maybe more prevalent.

Why you may not have all the right information. Just consider.

http://cnsnews.com/mrctv-blog/sean-...ntists-critical-global-warming-more-1300-days

HS

Last edited:
   / Grid-tied solar
New all-time high today, 31.0 AC kWh. I have no idea why it was marginally better than yesterday's 30.8. :) We had a few wispy haze clouds today, but none yesterday. There were three more minutes of daylight today than yesterday. 4200 DC kW / 60 minutes (per hour) x 3 minutes = 270 DC kWh. That may explain it.

Beginning with the Vernal Equinox March 20th, through the Autumn Equinox September 23rd, the sun rises and sets north of true east and west. So, while the daylight hours are longer during that period, the early morning and late afternoon sunlight is to the north of my true south-facing solar panels. They do not receive direct sunlight in that situation since they are shading themselves or the roof behind them is shading. There is still some production from the ambient light.

I'm pretty sure that the maximum direct sunlight hours remains constant during the spring equinox to fall equinox period. The sun rises to a higher angle in the sky but it has to take the same amount of time to get from true east to true west--speaking in earth apparent perspectives of course.

Last edited:
   / Grid-tied solar #503  
That's not sarcastic, and exposing people to the truth is not controversial. It's enlightening. I'm one of Musk's biggest fans, I live just outside McGregor, if you are a fan you will know what I see daily. Nothing I posted is untrue, maybe not what you have been lead to believe, but not untrue. There was a 3000 post flushing this out, a few years ago. Interesting stuff, atmospheric gases may not even be the right science to study/explain cause/effect of global climate change, orbital science explains it far closer. I also am a fan of grid tied solar PV power, and have a bigger system planed for my new property. My motives are different and you should be interested that others are putting up solar for different reasons than maybe yours, and don't be surprised those systems maybe more prevalent.

Why you may not have all the right information. Just consider.

COLD SHOULDER: ABC, CBS Exclude Scientists Critical of Global Warming for More Than 1,300 Days | CNS News

HS

Thanks for the reply. I have considered for a long time that a lot of what we think we know could be wrong. I have certainly see. A lot of changes during my life. Most tend to be refinements where we are zeroing in on the truth. However, I also know what it takes to develop and have peer reviewed a paper. When a very high percentage of scientist agree on something I tend to accept it as the truth. Yes, they could all be wrong, but I will not bet that way. I also do not want to bet the future of the world that way.

/ Grid-tied solar #504  
Thanks for the reply. I have considered for a long time that a lot of what we think we know could be wrong. I have certainly see. A lot of changes during my life. Most tend to be refinements where we are zeroing in on the truth. However, I also know what it takes to develop and have peer reviewed a paper. When a very high percentage of scientist agree on something I tend to accept it as the truth. Yes, they could all be wrong, but I will not bet that way. I also do not want to bet the future of the world that way.
My point exactly, there isn't a high percentage of agreement, and disagreement is being covered up, so no truth is even near. And I wouldn't bet my future on an admitted hoax by those scientists most involved. What would have happened to you if you were found to be altering data to fit your hypothesis in your peer reviewed paper experience? HS

/ Grid-tied solar
The March, 2014 results.

Above the model this month by three-four sunny days. We had a nice streak of super sunny weather this month. March is by far the highest predicted month, the potential is there if the weather cooperates.

Month--NREL Model (AC kWh)-----2012 Actual-----2013 Actual-----2104 Actual

Jan.----388----------------------NA--------------440-------------360
Feb.----412----------------------NA--------------375-------------446
Mar.----509----------------------NA--------------462-------------577
Apr.----374----------------------NA--------------487
May----353----------------------NA--------------375
Jun.----308----------------------NA--------------379
Jul.-----341----------------------NA--------------377
Aug.----383----------------------461-------------470
Sep.----394----------------------481-------------476
Oct.----369----------------------378-------------453
Nov.----283----------------------400-------------414
Dec.----331----------------------297-------------278

/ Grid-tied solar
The April, 2014 results.

Way above the model this month by 151 AC kWh. The March weather continued into much of April, but for two years now the model has been exceeded for April which may mean the model is a low prediction.

Month--NREL Model (AC kWh)-----2012 Actual-----2013 Actual-----2104 Actual

Jan.----388----------------------NA--------------440-------------360
Feb.----412----------------------NA--------------375-------------446
Mar.----509----------------------NA--------------462-------------577
Apr.----374----------------------NA--------------487-------------525
May----353----------------------NA--------------375
Jun.----308----------------------NA--------------379
Jul.-----341----------------------NA--------------377
Aug.----383----------------------461-------------470
Sep.----394----------------------481-------------476
Oct.----369----------------------378-------------453
Nov.----283----------------------400-------------414
Dec.----331----------------------297-------------278

/ Grid-tied solar #507  
If your Canadian Solar panels are mono-crystalline they do better than rated when it is cold and worse when it is hot. Since April was cold you might have experienced several percent better performance than predicted. Also there is a phenomena called "cloud lens" when clouds reflect or focus more light on panels than direct light. I am trying to find the article but so far without success.

Effect of temperature on PV power..jpg

/ Grid-tied solar
They are mono-crystalline panels. April remained cool and dry for much of the month.

/ Grid-tied solar
An article about solar and how it can impact the grid. A project to replace grid expansion with local solar electric generation in Maine.

GridSolar's alternative to CMP's proposed rate hike.

ReVision Energy May, 2014 Newsletter