SPAM> ALERT?

/ SPAM> ALERT? #1  

creekbend

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400
Around two hours ago, I received a PM from a New Member that just joined today. The OP stated that he had a client in New York that was doing a survey in regards to "Compact Tractors". The OP asked me if I would take five-5 minutes to take the survey. He then asked for my telephone number. Perhaps, it is paranoia, but I surmise that the possibility of this method being used to facilitate illegal activity. I, immediately, deleted the PM. Has anyone else received a similar PM. BTW, i have no intentions to respond to the request.

/ SPAM> ALERT? #2  
Haven't gotten a PM but I noticed within the last week 6 or 8 new members that showed up all with gibberish and web links in their introduction. All apparently from overseas and occurring about the same time of day.

Flagged them, maybe send a message to Mohammad for it to be looked into.

Stinks that this stuff is now entering our world of TBN......unfortunately only a matter of time

Another thought, reply and ask for their phone number- tell them you'll call. might scare them away or give you data for it to be researched more.

/ SPAM> ALERT? #3  
You apparently got the same PM another member reported to the moderators that he got 3 times. The sender has now been banned, so you shouldn't get anymore PMs from him.

And yes, we're having a lot of those gibberish spam things. Just click on the little triangle in the lower left corner of such posts to report them to the moderators and they'll be removed and the poster banned.

/ SPAM> ALERT? #4  
Around two hours ago, I received a PM from a New Member that just joined today. The OP stated that he had a client in New York that was doing a survey in regards to "Compact Tractors". The OP asked me if I would take five-5 minutes to take the survey. He then asked for my telephone number. Perhaps, it is paranoia, but I surmise that the possibility of this method being used to facilitate illegal activity. I, immediately, deleted the PM. Has anyone else received a similar PM. BTW, i have no intentions to respond to the request.

I just got the following PM today - sounds like the same:

JohnVeraja said:
I am working for a client who'd like to speak with you briefly due to your experience using compact tractors. They are particularly interested in talking to owners of compact tractors involved in some type of agriculture. Would you have 5 minutes to briefly discuss this? Is there a number I can reach you at?

Thanks,
John

I have removed some details, just in case he is legit. However I tried to reply to him via PM, advising him to goto our website and if still interested in speaking then to contact me though the details on our site - but I got an error message from tbn saying that the user was blocked from receiving PM's...

Guessing it is probably Spam - as much as anything I can't see why to NY based investment firm would want to speak to a small business like ourselves about compact tractor useage in Spain :laughing:

/ SPAM> ALERT? #5  
yep.. i got the same pm as well.

/ SPAM> ALERT? #6  
Probably a boiler room selling worthless bonds from Spain.

/ SPAM> ALERT? #7  
Probably a boiler room selling worthless bonds from Spain.

Oh in that case... buy buy buy!!!!! por favor, tengo una familia que alimentar y mi tractor necesita gasóleo! :laughing:

/ SPAM> ALERT? #8  
Haven't gotten a PM but I noticed within the last week 6 or 8 new members that showed up all with gibberish and web links in their introduction. All apparently from overseas and occurring about the same time of day.

Flagged them, maybe send a message to Mohammad for it to be looked into.

There has been a few of them within the last week. I Flag them and don't click the link as who knows what it will bring you to.

The messages look similar to the following "<>{}":|<>?!@#$%$#)(^^*&$@#&*|}{:?><.,/=+~#$^&"

I doubt that it is a foreign language.

/ SPAM> ALERT? #9  
Got the same PM. Didn't call the number, but checked the website which seems to be a business consulting company. Sent him a reply PM via TBN, asking for his survey questions, and got the error that this user opted out of receiving PMs.

My guess is that this new user is trying to round up data on potential customers for somebody. On the scale of nonplussed to outraged, this leaves me merely rankled.

/ SPAM> ALERT? #10  
what rankles me is when someone pm's you and wants a reply.. and doesn't have pm turned on.. :(