Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF?

/ Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF? #41  
mostly replaced by reality scat.

Man you got that right!

/ Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF?

To pay for a wide screen tv roughly as big as the 50 inch square one I have now, is not something I am looking forward too.

We bought a few XMASes back a Mitsubishi DLP TV which uses a bulb. DLP's are pretty "cheap" compared to the other TV technologies which is why we bought it. The 65 inch TV was $800 back when we bought it. We bought a Panasonic 35 inch CRT in 2005 for around $1,000 and that danged thing blew up this year when we gave it to the inlaws. Not real happy with that result. I have a color TV I bought in the mid 80s that still works. I have never had a TV fail like the Panasonic. :mad: Anywho, the bulb will burn out eventually in the DLP TV and a replacement bulb was $100 the last time I checked. I figured the bulb is cheap enough and after one or two bulbs there will be a new TV technology we will "have" to buy. :eek:

Later,
Dan

/ Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF?
   / Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF? #44  
That is really interesting. I tried a few channels and it seems to work. I really need to move the PC to the TV. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks,
Dan

Yeah, that is a pretty comprehensive list.

Some of them seem to require registering, or what looks like a premium content fee. But, most I have checked did work.

I bought 2-40 inch TV's last year, for my parents, courtesy of the thief's who broke in, and Nationwide Insurance.

One cost $1,000, (plasma), and one $2,000 (led). The plasma had the better picture, and of course the led was brighter.

Neither was big enough to replace my 50 inch.

/ Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF? #45  
They just said on TV they are working on ultra high definition TV.

It has four times as many pixels, as the current high definition.

/ Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF? #47  
Arg, crappy sat tv. Crappy internet access w/5Gig per month cap. OTA towers, many many miles away with 4 channels possibly available, just need an antenna the size of 747 and very high gain, ultra low noise preamp. :bawling:

/ Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF? #49  
That is really interesting. I tried a few channels and it seems to work. I really need to move the PC to the TV. :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks,
Dan

Hey Dan...If you get an HDMI cable, you can plug it from your computer to your TV set. Then go into the TV setup and tell it to use the computer/HDMI input. Then you can watch TV, (DVD's, etc), from your computer on the TV. Don't buy your HDMI cable from Walmart or Best Buy. They cost too much. You can get a good 25 foot one for around $7 from Amazon. I don't know why they cost so much downtown.

/ Antenna for FM, UHF, VHF? #50  
We go the roku and ota route in far WNY, well up on a hill about 30 miles east of Erie, PA. I mounted the antenna off the back peak of the garage on a rotator and added an inline amp in the run in the garage attic. We can get stations from Erie, Toronto, Buffalo, and occasionally Detroit and Cleveland depending on where we point the antenna, and atmospheric conditions. The roku is serviced by dsl connection, and we get amazon, hulu, netflicks etc, with under $20 per month charges plus any pay per view we do through amazon. It sure beats paying for cable/satellite and with more and more content accessible via the web/roku all the time, we rarely lack for things to watch. Spent maybe $250 on antenna, wire, connectors, etc and avoided cable bill for past 3 years.