Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories..

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #31  
2LaneCruzer said:
Hah. Me too. I had a quarter sized scar on my stomach for years, where I got too close to the pot belly stove in the winter after a bath in the galvanized tub. We had to pump our water; if the can containing the prime water was ever empty, it meant a trip to the creek. We had a water bucket and a dipper in the kitchen; I can remember ice crystals on the top of the water bucket several times in the winter. Ah, the good old days!

I also remember drinking from a dipper and a bucket. Cooking on a kerosene range, heating with coal and wood. One car, one tv no telephone, microwave, video game, DVD player, cable, dryer or mot other things we take for granted. But, I had mom at home, home cooked meals, fresh milk and eggs, woods to play in, I could shoot a rabbit or squirrel with a .22, make trot lines, trap furs, build a fire, prime a pitcher pump. Poor, not me!

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #32  
Remembering?...it's hard with "CRS"...:laughing:

But I do remember Home/Family/Country values that seem to be so lacking in today's America...!

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #33  
I'am only 54 but I remember :

It seemed like every middle class house had a black cat clock.
S%H green stamps and catalog
If you lived in big city milk was delieverd 4 am
The iceman horse and buggy.
The organgrinder with monkey that would climb apartment building walls for pennies.
The rear driver of old hook and ladder trucks(firefighters).
BTW Anybody here old enough to remember when wives didn't snap back at their husbands ? :)

Boone

Men always have the last words. it is Yes Deer
ken

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #34  
Funny ,most of these posts sound just like my memories , I am just over 75 the only difference I live in Canada

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #35  
I'm just 50, but I remember growing up in Eastern Oregon. Out there, you didn't call someone to fix or repair every little thing that stopped working correctly. You learned how to fix your "stuff" yourself. If a guy had to call someone to fix their car, or a non-functioning light switch or the lawnmower, everyone sort of looked at that guy a little funny.

Of course, we raced around on dirt bikes in nothing but a pair of shorts and tennis shoes and rode in the back of pickups down the freeway too.

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories..
I am only 61 years old. I remember when a Promise was made - it was kept, when A "Man's Word" was His BOND, when a Handshake was all that was needed to seal a deal. On the lighter side, i remember when you bought at least 8 gallons of gas, you got a free glass or a towel. Does anyone remember "Dino" from the Sinclair gas stations?

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #37  
I remember catching lightning bugs, and setting on the front porch at night listening for the first whipporwills which meant we could start going barefooted.

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #38  
I am only 61 years old. I remember when a Promise was made - it was kept, when A "Man's Word" was His BOND, when a Handshake was all that was needed to seal a deal. On the lighter side, i remember when you bought at least 8 gallons of gas, you got a free glass or a towel. Does anyone remember "Dino" from the Sinclair gas stations?

Not sure but I think "Dino" took the easy way out and became Fred and Wilma's pet...:D

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #39  
I remember catching lightning bugs, and setting on the front porch at night listening for the first whipporwills which meant we could start going barefooted.

Still doing this at my place...

/ Does anyone remember? I do. Share your memories.. #40  
Funny ,most of these posts sound just like my memories I am just over 75 the only difference I live in Canada