Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400F

Default Re: Remington R1 .45 ACP

Many time FTF is a result of ammo. Some ammo just doesn't like some guns and won't feed correctly. Find a kind your gun likes to eat and meets your ballistic demands and happy days are here again!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1210 / Ford 1710

This new .45 would not be the ONLY gun for home protection. I do have other guns for that.

I used to shoot a lot with a buddy when he was in town and I always like to shoot his Colt .45. Ever since then I have had a .45 auto on the radar. Recently Cabelas was running a sale on the R1 for 599.00. For the money it seemed like a good way to scratch my .45 itch and I am a BIG fan of Remington shotguns.

I just don't want it to become one of those guns buried in the safe that provides no enjoyment for occasional shooting. Plus, at times it would be accessible to be used for home / car / boat / camper protection and if I have no confidence in it, buried in the safe it goes.

I hear you on the revolvers though. I can't disagree. Just trying to justify getting the .45.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3400F

The .45 caliber and specifically the 1911 model are they finest caliber and gun ever made. I have pistols of virtually every caliber but nothing compares to the .45...smoothest shooting, biggest knock down. What is not to love?

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

Quote Originally Posted by sld View Post
    This new .45 would not be the ONLY gun for home protection. I do have other guns for that.

I used to shoot a lot with a buddy when he was in town and I always like to shoot his Colt .45. Ever since then I have had a .45 auto on the radar. Recently Cabelas was running a sale on the R1 for 599.00. For the money it seemed like a good way to scratch my .45 itch and I am a BIG fan of Remington shotguns.

I just don't want it to become one of those guns buried in the safe that provides no enjoyment for occasional shooting. Plus, at times it would be accessible to be used for home / car / boat / camper protection and if I have no confidence in it, buried in the safe it goes.

I hear you on the revolvers though. I can't disagree. Just trying to justify getting the .45.
    They are fun to shoot, so there you go.
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Ford 1210 / Ford 1710

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Man, that was easier than I thought. Thanks.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

Not trying to influence you, but for me this pistol is so much more a shooters pistol than a 1911A1 and for me would be of a much greater value.. The Remington is a "old stylpe 1911" no beavertail, spur hammer, stock trigger.... you know ww1 and ww2 korea pistol, not a modern shooter.. but an actual retro pistol. I cannot shoot them well. But the Kimber is made to shoot with a proper high grip for recoil reduction and fast follow up shots... each to his own.. the Rem, is cheaper, and has the retro look, and maybe that is what you are looking for...For me, I would spend a little more and get something I could compete with. But that is just me

Kimber Custom II .45 ACP $799.00 SHIPS FREE

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    YM3810D Yanmar

I wouldn't buy the R1 simply because it doesn't have a beavertail and ambi safety at least the one I shot didn't. I shot it and its an average but good quality 1911 is all I can say its nothing special nothing bad just personal preference on my part.

For a bit more $ there are lots of fully smithed factory 1911's. Like I say its personal thing I have spent tons of money modding these things and when I can get all the stuff I normally replace already done its a no brainer buy it shoot it leave it alone for the most part...my .002
    Yanmar YM3810D, LT duty 3pt hoe, 6' KK2 tiller, 6' KK box blade, 6 1/2' KK disc, 5' Howse bush hog, 5' Howse back blade, 9" Yellow PHD, 3 Husky chain saws 346XP NE, 359, 372XP. 07 HD Heritage Softail, Crack injectors, check compression, take 2 beers and call me. "Hey you didn't build that."

Tractor
    Kubota L3400HSD

I love the 1911's. Own 2 highly modded match wad guns, a hardball gun, a series 70 Gold Cup and a series 80. Love them all. I don't have FTF's, FTF's or even FTF's with them often. But...if im CCing a 45, it's a Glock 30. My bedstand houses a G21 with a light. I have never had ANY issues with my Glocks. Plus, a few more rounds ain't a bad thing.

2007 Kubota L3400HST, LA463 FEL with Markham tooth bar, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, Woods GB65 box blade, KK 6' landscape rake, John Deere 2 row corn planter, Fimco 60 gallon boom sprayer, KingKutter 5' tiller and a Kubota 1000 lb ballast box with more to come.

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

Quote Originally Posted by TripleR View Post
    Yep. If you want one and can afford one then buy one. That's good enough for most folks here with their tractors, so why not any other toy/tool?
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kubota GL 3940

I guess I'll jump in here with my .02 cents about Kimbers. I had one for about a year. Shot the heck out of it. Would Jam with feed failures and eject failures regularly. I loved shooting that gun. Fit me well and was very accurate. Sent it back to Kimber with reliability complaints and they sent it back saying they could not replicate the problem. I call B.S. on that. It was so regular that I stopped carrying the thing and eventually traded it. Before anyone says it was a shooter problem or ammo problem I had several different people shoot the gun from range officers to instructors and none were suprised when it happened to them. No limp wristing with anyone. The first guys said break it in 200 rds + and it will be fine. It still happened. Then it was after 500 rds it will be fine. - No change. This with every type of factory ammo out there. Dang shame 'cause I really liked the gun but won't have one that is unreliable. I don't think I should have to break them in for reliability either. Now shoot and carry an XDS. No problems out of the box. 200 or so rounds through it as of now and surprisingly accurate for a 3.3" barrel. Almost half the price of my Kimber if you can find them.
    Kubota GL 3940, FEL w/ssqa, third function valve, grapple, 6' Landpride cutter, 6' landscape rake, 6' box blade, post hole auger

"Knowledge is knowing the street is one way. Wisdom is still looking both ways before crossing"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast