Remington R1 .45 ACP

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #41  
I think it means he has several guns and can choose which one to sleep with maybe?

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP
Come on guys, don't make fun of me.:laughing:

When going on a camping trip, boating trip, or heck, just a vacation I usually take a firearm. Usually it is the one I shot most recently.

I just wonder in my mind, if the R1 would ever become a gun I was confident in to rely on. There has only been a couple of posts with experience with this gun. Just have to shoot it a few hundred times and decide I guess.

You are right though, a misfire at the wrong time would not be good and hopefully I never experience that scenario. But, the .45 would sure leave a mark on someone's head if used as a club!

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #43  
I don't quite know what to make of that statement.

If you need a gun and have the .45 in hand, a failure of any kind means you have about 0.001 seconds to come up with another gun or be the second place finisher.
actually it's more the .001 seconds for the human nervous system.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #44  
Does anyone here have actually experience and real time reviews on the gun or is this mostly just internet reviews. I mean that kindly. I have owned a gun or two where internet rumors have been way off. But then again, for home defense i go to the pistol grip mossberg 590 with laser and light.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #45  
The M1911 shooting 230 gr FMJ is about as reliable as a pistol can be, but when it is tightened up for accuracy and fed custom loads or gaping hollow points it loses some of that reliability.

Personally, I like the SIG/Sauer P229 in .40 S&W because it is DA/SA. It was designed for US law enforcement where ammo violating the Hague Convention is used. The manual says hollow points are OK, but it also says to field strip it and test each cartridge for fit in its barrel before loading the magazine.

"In theory, theory and practice are the same, but in practice they are different." There is no substitute for shooting enough rounds through a gun to establish its reliability. The P229 has met my standard of "no failures of any kind" through many practice sessions at the range.

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #46  
Come on guys, don't make fun of me.:laughing:

When going on a camping trip, boating trip, or heck, just a vacation I usually take a firearm. Usually it is the one I shot most recently.

I just wonder in my mind, if the R1 would ever become a gun I was confident in to rely on. There has only been a couple of posts with experience with this gun. Just have to shoot it a few hundred times and decide I guess.

You are right though, a misfire at the wrong time would not be good and hopefully I never experience that scenario. But, the .45 would sure leave a mark on someone's head if used as a club!

you answered your own question. you need to shoot any gun a few hundred times to test for reliability. You need to see it for your own eyes in order to trust it to protect your own family. If you are indeed a true gun guy, you should know this and not to trust internet reviews with your life. Its a bunch of he said she said. I sure as heck know what gun ill go to in my collection if i need it. I know it wont fail me based on my own experience with it. If your a new guy and dont know what gun to try first to protect you, internet can be helpful. not to buy but will help you in what gun to go rent at the range and shoot it and see how it performs. thats my 2 cents

/ Remington R1 .45 ACP #47  
Many indoor gun ranges have various guns you can rent for the range and shoot. That would be an excellent way to personally hold, shot, and assess a handgun before purchasing.