Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: Water out of s gas can

Quote Originally Posted by forgeblast View Post
    I taught my daughter to drink from the garden hose this year, she had a blast! The first time her cheeks looked like a chipmunk hehe.
    Yep! The first time they try it, they get wet all down the front and soak their shoes.
    Jim

Tractor
    Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year

-farsideroaming-jpg
    MossRoad

Click On My Little Tractor
    To See Pictures And Videos
    Of It In Action!!!

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Didn't intend to have a Deere fleet - it just happened

Quote Originally Posted by Dennisfly View Post
    I'm certainly not well versed on this subject, but I do know that there is "food grade plastic". Pickles and other deli foods come in buckets that are "food grade" and they have a triangle with a "2" inside of it that signifies the food grade for that container. I'm in my mid 60's and have always drank from the garden hose. Thats all I know about this!

The "2" is for the type of plastic. NOT food grade at all ...

Plastic products are printed with numbers 1? depending on the type of resin. Type 1 plastic, PET (or PETE): polyethylene terephthalate, is commonly found in soft drink and water bottles. Type 2, HDPE: high-density polyethylene is found in most hard plastics such as milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, and some dishware. Type 3, PVC or V (vinyl), includes items like shampoo, shower curtains, hoola hoops, credit cards, wire jacketing, medical equipment, siding, and piping. Type 4, called LDPE, or low-density polyethylene, is found in shopping bags, squeezable bottles, tote bags, clothing, furniture, and carpet. Type 5 is PP which stands for polypropylene and makes up syrup bottles, straws, tupperware, and some automotive parts. Type 6 is PS: polystyrene and makes up meat trays, egg cartons, clamshell containers and compact disc cases. Type 7 includes all other plastics like bulletproof materials, three- and five-gallon water bottles, and sunglasses.[16] Types 1 and 2 are the most commonly recycled.

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L4400

Quote Originally Posted by hosspuller View Post
    The "2" is for the type of plastic. NOT food grade at all ...

Plastic products are printed with numbers 1? depending on the type of resin. Type 1 plastic, PET (or PETE): polyethylene terephthalate, is commonly found in soft drink and water bottles. Type 2, HDPE: high-density polyethylene is found in most hard plastics such as milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, and some dishware. Type 3, PVC or V (vinyl), includes items like shampoo, shower curtains, hoola hoops, credit cards, wire jacketing, medical equipment, siding, and piping. Type 4, called LDPE, or low-density polyethylene, is found in shopping bags, squeezable bottles, tote bags, clothing, furniture, and carpet. Type 5 is PP which stands for polypropylene and makes up syrup bottles, straws, tupperware, and some automotive parts. Type 6 is PS: polystyrene and makes up meat trays, egg cartons, clamshell containers and compact disc cases. Type 7 includes all other plastics like bulletproof materials, three- and five-gallon water bottles, and sunglasses.[16] Types 1 and 2 are the most commonly recycled.
    I found your post to be informative. Thanks for posting.
    The PUPIL who does not surpass his Master, fails his Master.

Tractor
    JD 3320 eHydro w/ 300CX Loader

I can still remember drinking from the tin cup hanging on the old pump well out by the hay barn. It was a long-handled affair - kinda like a ladle. It hung from a wire hook attached to the long handle. It may have had some porcelain finish at some point....and if it did it was chipped off. Everyone drank from that same old cup during baling time....and I cannot remember it ever getting washed or anyone getting sick from it. We might just rinse it out good if it was a little dusty or dirty.

Times have changed.
    3320 eHydro, 300CX Loader & 15 + great attachments

You gotta mine allot of dirt to find a diamond.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by foggy1111 View Post
    I can still remember drinking from the tin cup hanging on the old pump well out by the hay barn. It was a long-handled affair - kinda like a ladle. It hung from a wire hook attached to the long handle. It may have had some porcelain finish at some point....and if it did it was chipped off. Everyone drank from that same old cup during baling time....and I cannot remember it ever getting washed or anyone getting sick from it. We might just rinse it out good if it was a little dusty or dirty.

Times have changed.
    Well, on that subject, at the old Studebaker plant they had a tin cup by a sink and all the workers near it would drink out of it. Most of them got disentary and had to be hospitalized.

Let's face it, a lot of stuff won't kill you. But a lot of stuff can make you very sick. I still drink out of my garden hose every summer when doing yard work but I'd rather have a cold beverage from the fridge if given the choice.
    MossRoad

Of It In Action!!!

Tractor
    Sears Garden Tractor with home built loader

Quote Originally Posted by forgeblast View Post
    I taught my daughter to drink from the garden hose this year, she had a blast! The first time her cheeks looked like a chipmunk hehe.
    XD. I remember when I was 7 years old. I was looking down the hose end. (And yes I had it right up to my right eye) (Not sure why) when my brother who was 19 at the time turned the hose on full blast and I got a face full of water.

Chad
    Fixing Up Old 1960's Santafe Travel Trailer
    Click the above link to see pics of a travel trailer I scored for free that I'm going to fix up to go camping in.

Welded A new Spindle Into Axle
    I repaired a broken axle by welding a new spindle into the old axle for my camper trailer. Click the link to see pics.

Tractor

I remember my dad putting the sprinkler out in the yard and walking around one side of the house to turn it on as my mom walked around the other side to go sit in the same yard..... my dad survived.
    MossRoad

Of It In Action!!!

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Quote Originally Posted by chad22 View Post
    XD. I remember when I was 7 years old. I was looking down the hose end. (And yes I had it right up to my right eye) (Not sure why) when my brother who was 19 at the time turned the hose on full blast and I got a face full of water.

Chad
    Near Wilcox Ariz. A Government farm inspector was looking at the lettace crop. and in the heat became thirsty. went to old windmill that pumped water for cattle and released the brake so wind mill would pump water and when it started to flow out of pipe. cupped his cands in the water flow and started to drink after a couple of swallows realized there were lumps in the water so looked at the handfull of water.it was full of frog tadpoles. spit gag and choke but when water cleared again got his drink and applied the brake again.

So was the water clean or less lumpy ? still was water.
    ken

Tractor
    Sears Garden Tractor with home built loader

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Near Wilcox Ariz. A Government farm inspector was looking at the lettace crop. and in the heat became thirsty. went to old windmill that pumped water for cattle and released the brake so wind mill would pump water and when it started to flow out of pipe. cupped his cands in the water flow and started to drink after a couple of swallows realized there were lumps in the water so looked at the handfull of water.it was full of frog tadpoles. spit gag and choke but when water cleared again got his drink and applied the brake again.

So was the water clean or less lumpy ? still was water.
    ken

Sorry. Emoticon Overload. That was Hilarious.

Chad
    Fixing Up Old 1960's Santafe Travel Trailer
    Click the above link to see pics of a travel trailer I scored for free that I'm going to fix up to go camping in.

Welded A new Spindle Into Axle
    I repaired a broken axle by welding a new spindle into the old axle for my camper trailer. Click the link to see pics.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast