Water out of s gas can

/ Water out of s gas can #21  
I taught my daughter to drink from the garden hose this year, she had a blast! The first time her cheeks looked like a chipmunk hehe.

:laughing: Yep! The first time they try it, they get wet all down the front and soak their shoes.

/ Water out of s gas can #22  
FarSideRoaming.jpg

/ Water out of s gas can #23  
I'm certainly not well versed on this subject, but I do know that there is "food grade plastic". Pickles and other deli foods come in buckets that are "food grade" and they have a triangle with a "2" inside of it that signifies the food grade for that container. I'm in my mid 60's and have always drank from the garden hose. Thats all I know about this!

The "2" is for the type of plastic. NOT food grade at all ...

Plastic products are printed with numbers 1? depending on the type of resin. Type 1 plastic, PET (or PETE): polyethylene terephthalate, is commonly found in soft drink and water bottles. Type 2, HDPE: high-density polyethylene is found in most hard plastics such as milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, and some dishware. Type 3, PVC or V (vinyl), includes items like shampoo, shower curtains, hoola hoops, credit cards, wire jacketing, medical equipment, siding, and piping. Type 4, called LDPE, or low-density polyethylene, is found in shopping bags, squeezable bottles, tote bags, clothing, furniture, and carpet. Type 5 is PP which stands for polypropylene and makes up syrup bottles, straws, tupperware, and some automotive parts. Type 6 is PS: polystyrene and makes up meat trays, egg cartons, clamshell containers and compact disc cases. Type 7 includes all other plastics like bulletproof materials, three- and five-gallon water bottles, and sunglasses.[16] Types 1 and 2 are the most commonly recycled.

/ Water out of s gas can #24  
The "2" is for the type of plastic. NOT food grade at all ...

Plastic products are printed with numbers 1? depending on the type of resin. Type 1 plastic, PET (or PETE): polyethylene terephthalate, is commonly found in soft drink and water bottles. Type 2, HDPE: high-density polyethylene is found in most hard plastics such as milk jugs, laundry detergent bottles, and some dishware. Type 3, PVC or V (vinyl), includes items like shampoo, shower curtains, hoola hoops, credit cards, wire jacketing, medical equipment, siding, and piping. Type 4, called LDPE, or low-density polyethylene, is found in shopping bags, squeezable bottles, tote bags, clothing, furniture, and carpet. Type 5 is PP which stands for polypropylene and makes up syrup bottles, straws, tupperware, and some automotive parts. Type 6 is PS: polystyrene and makes up meat trays, egg cartons, clamshell containers and compact disc cases. Type 7 includes all other plastics like bulletproof materials, three- and five-gallon water bottles, and sunglasses.[16] Types 1 and 2 are the most commonly recycled.
I found your post to be informative. Thanks for posting.

/ Water out of s gas can #25  
I can still remember drinking from the tin cup hanging on the old pump well out by the hay barn. It was a long-handled affair - kinda like a ladle. It hung from a wire hook attached to the long handle. It may have had some porcelain finish at some point....and if it did it was chipped off. Everyone drank from that same old cup during baling time....and I cannot remember it ever getting washed or anyone getting sick from it. We might just rinse it out good if it was a little dusty or dirty.

Times have changed.

/ Water out of s gas can #26  
I can still remember drinking from the tin cup hanging on the old pump well out by the hay barn. It was a long-handled affair - kinda like a ladle. It hung from a wire hook attached to the long handle. It may have had some porcelain finish at some point....and if it did it was chipped off. Everyone drank from that same old cup during baling time....and I cannot remember it ever getting washed or anyone getting sick from it. We might just rinse it out good if it was a little dusty or dirty.

Times have changed.

Well, on that subject, at the old Studebaker plant they had a tin cup by a sink and all the workers near it would drink out of it. Most of them got disentary and had to be hospitalized.

Let's face it, a lot of stuff won't kill you. But a lot of stuff can make you very sick. I still drink out of my garden hose every summer when doing yard work but I'd rather have a cold beverage from the fridge if given the choice. :licking:

/ Water out of s gas can #27  
I taught my daughter to drink from the garden hose this year, she had a blast! The first time her cheeks looked like a chipmunk hehe.

XD. I remember when I was 7 years old. I was looking down the hose end. (And yes I had it right up to my right eye) (Not sure why) when my brother who was 19 at the time turned the hose on full blast and I got a face full of water. :laughing:

Chad

/ Water out of s gas can #28  
I remember my dad putting the sprinkler out in the yard and walking around one side of the house to turn it on as my mom walked around the other side to go sit in the same yard..... my dad survived. :laughing:

/ Water out of s gas can #29  
XD. I remember when I was 7 years old. I was looking down the hose end. (And yes I had it right up to my right eye) (Not sure why) when my brother who was 19 at the time turned the hose on full blast and I got a face full of water. :laughing:

Chad

Near Wilcox Ariz. A Government farm inspector was looking at the lettace crop. and in the heat became thirsty. went to old windmill that pumped water for cattle and released the brake so wind mill would pump water and when it started to flow out of pipe. cupped his cands in the water flow and started to drink after a couple of swallows realized there were lumps in the water so looked at the handfull of water.it was full of frog tadpoles. spit gag and choke but when water cleared again got his drink and applied the brake again.

So was the water clean or less lumpy ? still was water.
ken

/ Water out of s gas can #30  
Near Wilcox Ariz. A Government farm inspector was looking at the lettace crop. and in the heat became thirsty. went to old windmill that pumped water for cattle and released the brake so wind mill would pump water and when it started to flow out of pipe. cupped his cands in the water flow and started to drink after a couple of swallows realized there were lumps in the water so looked at the handfull of water.it was full of frog tadpoles. spit gag and choke but when water cleared again got his drink and applied the brake again.

So was the water clean or less lumpy ? still was water.
ken

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Sorry. Emoticon Overload. That was Hilarious. :thumbsup:

Chad